Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Test Valley Tour Wessex Challenge
  • dobo
    Free Member

I did the 45k last sunday and wouldnt mind doing it again as it was a decent varied route and enjoyable day.

1) Does anyone have the 30 or 45k route gps they can link to?
    2) Are all the tracks/lanes/bridleways all open to the public cyclist on a normal day?

allthepies
    Free Member

I don’t have a gps log of the route but I’m sure someone on here will do. All the route was on public rights of way + road sections so no probs with you riding it whenever.

theotherjonv

It’s organised by the same people who do the Gorrick races. try emailing Jon or Jane – I’m pretty sure Jon will have it on SatMap. But you won’t get an answer that quickly because they are also doing the trail maintenance in Swinley this week, so someone on here may come through earlier.

http://www.gorrick.com/contact.php

dobo
    Free Member

Thanks i’ll hold out for someone on here to post one up (i hope) and is good to hear that all the route was on puplic right of way, may seem a silly question but done lots of events that go accros private land or mod land before but this one i wasnt sure on.
    Thanks

dobo
    Free Member

bump, anyone got the gps for this ?

KZP894
    Free Member

dobo, you have mail.

singletrackmind

Was this the Cheriton loop?
    If it was i was going to enter , but it was the day after the Swinley ride and my legs said no thanks.
    I would love a copy of the route ,but dont have a gps. Or even better a gps equiped ride guide!
    Probably know most of the b’ways as its near work, but always keen to find new bits to mix it up abit
    Rob

dobo
    Free Member

kzp894, thanks for sending that, really appreciate it, really enjoyed that route, perhaps maybe due to the awesome weather we had.

singletrackmind it was based from flowerpots pub cheriton, totally different from the stw swinley ride that i was also on 🙂 yep tired legs that weekend
    These routes will make a more interesting route than just the same old SDW that i sometimes do.

do you want me to send you kzp894 gpx?

singletrackmind

@ Dobo
    Yes please, can i import a gpx trace into multimap?
    If not no worries , i will keep an eye on fleabay and source a gps from there . Being a luddite i tend to shy away from modern technology wherever possible.

KZP894
    Free Member

Dobo, great glad you got it.

Singleminded – I’m almost certain Multimap can handle a GPX file.

It was a warm day, but thankfully there was some breeze, I did the 45km ride with my 10 year old son and his cousin and they complained that there was too much riding on roads!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Test Valley Tour Wessex Challenge’ is closed to new replies.