Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • tesco rear LED light £5.50 does the job!
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

I bought one when shopping cos my cateye had died. I dunno how waterproof it is, but it is a pretty bright back light that has that belt fitting so it goes on my topeak saddle pack as well. it’s perfect for commuting the 2 miles to/from work. I’m sure you can blow £20 on a bling rear LED. Just get some of these and stick ’em all over!

Kahurangi

I dunno how waterproof it is

Pretty critical wouldn’t you say? I bought some of the cheaper ‘backup’ style ones wiht the elastic strap, they didn’t last long.

Sum
    Free Member

It is waterproof, well rainproof – I haven’t tried dunking it in a bucket of water.

Jamie
    Free Member

I bought one one of these a year or so ago. Yeah it is £10, but it has survived a couple of trips through the washing machine.

iain1775
    Free Member

got a few in Perth tesco last year, they had them at £2 for some reason
    One has survived winter on the bike, another a winter strapped to the dogs collar so I can see her in the park when its dark, she likes paddling in puddles and has taken it for a quick dip in a stream – there is no sterner test than that
    top value

rOcKeTdOg

i got a front and rear last winter, still going strong and been out in all weathers, same battery too

hels
    Free Member

I got one at the weekend – broken already the mount snapped when I took it off the bike.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Hell thats pricey. I go to Wilkinsons and get a pair of conventional LEDs for that. Brilliant and last for ever.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Well you know what I mean

steve_b77
    Free Member

They were £2 last year, I got a couple myself, but thought at £5.50 they were too much

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone tried the magicshine ones yet? I’m seriously tempted it’ll never be as safe on the roads in the dark as on a turbo trainer, but then its not as boring and I can’t commute on the turbo trainer!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘tesco rear LED light £5.50 does the job!’ is closed to new replies.