Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Tesco and their meat- food agency complaint?
  • binners

Actually, if you go back we are historically veggies, back in the days of the cave man, it was very difficult for them to catch meat, studies have shown that our prehistoric brothers were 99% veggie, only eating meat very very occasionally!

So you could say that veggie ism is more natural than meat eating.

Its not that hard to catch a cow though, is it? You can sneak up on them and push them over while they’re asleep FFS!

geologist
    Free Member

It is a modern mans lifestyle choice, I totally agree. And not one I subscribe too, my missus is a veggie, and I’ve made damn sure, that our lad is not !

I was just pointing out, that historically we are more veggie than carnivorous.

binners

I definitely wouldn’t push cows over if they had a more cantankerous disposition, making them prone to irrational violence, and great big pointy teeth

johndoh
    Free Member

We’re opportunists – like chimps or tortoises – if we come across meat we’ll have it. Except its easier for us now thanks to MaccyD drive-thrus and Tesco Express.

Junkyard
    Free Member

my missus is a veggie, and I’ve made damn sure, that our lad is not !

Quick Hora have a go he forced his diet on a child

hora
    Free Member

A child should have a good and balanced diet. Let them decide what they like/want (within healthy reason)- children get fussy anyway.

Junkyard
    Free Member

good and balanced can be achieved irrespective of whether you include meat I
    Within reason 😯 You would impose some control on what they can and cannot eat based on your own personal moral choices re healthy eating i suggest you have a go at yourself as well now

hora
    Free Member

We visit the cheese counter for samples. Does this count? 😉

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

Always an emotive subject…but do the veggies wear leather shoes, belts, have leather sofa’s / car seats?
    I like meat, I have a leather sofa, leather seats in the car, there are various leather & sheepskin footwear around the house, so perhaps that makes me a better person, as I’m not wasteful. I don’t expect to use just the skin of an animal & ditch the meat.
    Is it just meat, or eggs & milk too that you avoid? At this point there is massive range of products that contain animal products in some form. Enjoy a glass of wine or beer? There’s a good job that the finings used during the production process are animal products.

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

A child should have a good and balanced diet. Let them decide what they like/want (within healthy reason)- children get fussy anyway.

My lad had a veggie spell during his junior school years. We accepted it, although it was a pain producing separate meals. He grew out of it, especially when he realised his post ride bacon bap was off the menu.

hora
    Free Member

Always an emotive subject…but do the veggies wear leather shoes, belts, have leather sofa’s / car seats?
    I like meat, I have a leather sofa, leather seats in the car, there are various leather & sheepskin footwear around the house, so perhaps that makes me a better person, as I’m not wasteful. I don’t expect to use just the skin of an animal & ditch the meat.
    Is it just meat, or eggs & milk too that you avoid? At this point there is massive range of products that contain animal products in some form. Enjoy a glass of wine or beer? There’s a good job that the finings used during the production process are animal products.

Like I said – its modern mans lifestyle choice…..

kayak23

gonefishin – Member
    Factory Vegetable farming is NOT nature, pumping animals plants full of antibiotics pesticides and herbicides so that they can survive an unnatural existence for our convenience is NOT nature, creating elaborate machines that do our killing harvest vegetables for us on production lines is NOT nature.
    That’s not to say that I agree with Hora’s argument or that you don’t have a good point but an appeal to nature isn’t a strong argument.

Again, I’m not claiming I live more ‘naturally’ (what this is, is very subjective) than anyone. If you look at my earlier comments I said that Mans relationship with food is anything but natural.
    I just think we have reached a point where our relationship with this earth and all the beings who inhabit it has become massively out of balance. As mentioned, we are opportunists and sadly we have been able to shape pretty much everything on earth to our own ends at the expense of pretty much every other living or non-living thing.
    Mind you, I expect something will be along to redress the balance at some point. Until then, I’ll accept that I am human, far from morally perfect but conscious, and try to lighten my footprint where I can.

kayak23

Like I said – its modern mans lifestyle choice…..

I would wager that many a ‘modern man’ has absolutely no idea what is involved in what makes his food, his life, so convenient. No interest in knowing either. By that reckoning, it’s not really choice, its ignorance.

kayak23

My lad had a veggie spell during his junior school years. We accepted it, although it was a pain producing separate meals. He grew out of it, especially when he realised his post ride bacon bap was off the menu.

My Niece was veggie for quite a while. She’s 13 now and recently went back to carnivore. Apparently her coach at school had told her that she couldn’t possibly get all her energy and nutrients on a vegetarian diet..
    Just shows really, even at school you tend to get taught skewed and false ideals based on personal agenda/ignorance.

hora
    Free Member

Everytime I see Lambs in fields during a ride I yearn for Lamb and always have Lamb that evening. Thats not a troll- I always chuckle though as I should be thinking ‘awww’.

hora
    Free Member

Everytime I see Lambs in fields during a ride I yearn for Lamb and always have Lamb that evening. Thats not a troll- I always chuckle though as I should be thinking ‘awww’.

kayak23

hora – Member

hora
    Free Member

I recommend this

kayak23

Clearly… 😀

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Just take the packaging back to Customer Services and get a refund if you’re unhappy.

They will always refund if you have a problem.

Support your local Butcher too. The meat is better, albeit more expensive.

gonefishin
    Free Member

She’s 13 now and recently went back to carnivore

Omnivore surely?

kayak23

Yes, of course… 😳

mrsflash
    Free Member

Children are born veggies and then you introduce meat – even when weaned to solids you dont start with steak.

well strictly speaking their born just consuming milk 😀 and why not start with steak? with guidelines for introduction of solids at 6m now there is no reason to do all the faff with introducing foods slowly one at a time etc any more.

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

I would wager that many a ‘modern man’ has absolutely no idea what is involved in what makes his food, his life, so convenient. No interest in knowing either. By that reckoning, it’s not really choice, its ignorance.

My wife brings me my food, that’s all I need to know.

aP
    Free Member

Tezkos has a cheese counter?
    i still can’t believe that some people are so desperate to eat meat that they’ll buy cheap animal biproduct.

hora
    Free Member

they’ll buy cheap animal biproduct.

Ever been to a proper Chinese restaurant?

aP
    Free Member

No, but I did eat ox cheeks at Rogan & Co last weekend.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

so desperate to eat meat that they’ll buy cheap animal biproduct.

is that meat from a clinically depressed cow?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Tezkos has a cheese counter?
    i still can’t believe that some people are so desperate to eat meat that they’ll buy cheap animal biproduct.

I can’t believe some people don’t realise that there are different points of view, lifestyles and bank balances….

But there you go.

hora
    Free Member

Its not cheap meat though. Do you consider Tesco’s meat to be cheap? Alongside Sainsburys they are the pricest but with alot lower quality.

As Jeff Stryker once said ‘I love meat’ 😆 😯

Coyote
    Free Member

Away with you PP and your fancy “seeing it from another viewpoint” nonsense!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its not cheap meat though. Do you consider Tesco’s meat to be cheap? Alongside Sainsburys they are the pricest but with alot lower quality.

So despite knowing this [dear and low quality] you went there to buy their meat and then started a thread on it being crap meat 😯

Perhaps remeber this thread next time you go shopping

hora
    Free Member

Its a brand new store- I’ve only bought meat from there twice. Normally I’d never go near Tesco’s but as one opened 1mile away I thought ‘hey’

Tom-B
    Free Member

Jeebus! Hora, it’s a Tesco store! They’re all near enough the same…..shite! Just because this one was more local doesn’t mean that the meat will be any better!

Seriously, try your local butcher….much better quality, some will be locally sourced probably and you get to know them quite well. After using mine for about a year, I bumped into to the owner at my lbs…turns out that he’s a pretty keen roadie. I’ve since ridden with him and am on first name terms with all of the other staff. My bill is generally rounded down to the neatest pound too….little things like this tend to make life that little bit more bearable.

hora
    Free Member

Yes yes we’ve established this now. I danced with the devil but I don’t have to pay their price. :mrgreen:

nealglover
    Free Member

You do realise they dye meat so it looks like what you expect it should, don’t you?

I find most of the time, when a sentence starts and ends like that, the bit in the middle is usually an Urban Myth.

(Don’t know if this one is, and I don’t have time to look it up as I’m at work. But I wouldn’t be that shocked if it was)

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Tesco and their meat- food agency complaint?’ is closed to new replies.