Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Tesco and their meat- food agency complaint?
  • hora
    Free Member

Minced lamb thats paler than mince Pork? That was last week.

A new one- today Steak with thick fat hidden underneath the packaging. How do people work there?

How/food agency to complain to?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Was the packaging totally covered?

You can tilt to see under labels.

Some folk like a good bit of crispy fat on their steak.

Drac

Stop buying supermarket meat.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How do people work there?

What’s that got to do with it – do you expect people to hand in their notice because the minced lamb is too pale ?

😀

project
    Free Member

Stop buying supermarket meat. and become a vegetarian, think of all the animals that are killed to sustain your need for meat,all GODS creatures.

wallop

I’m sure any sensible agency would tell you to complain to the retailer in the first instance.

geologist
    Free Member

I hate to say it, because it sounds all preachy, but dont buy fresh goods from the supermarket! Especially meat.

Support your local small retailers
    Support animal welfare
    But mainly, support good quality food!

You can tell im from ludlow (complete food snob) 😉

Liftman

Try your local butcher (if there’s any that the supermarket hasn’t wiped out)

hora
    Free Member

Ernie stupidly I gave the brand new local store a go.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Did you mean “How do people shop there?” then ?

BTW why didn’t you leave the minced lamb on the shelf if it looked too pale ?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Local butcher…cheaper for better quality ime.

hora
    Free Member

Lesson learnt.

aP
    Free Member

Why are you buying meat?
    Particularly – why are you buying cheap meat?

johndoh
    Free Member

project – Member
    Stop buying supermarket meat. and become a vegetarian, think of all the animals that are killed to sustain your need for meat,all GODS creatures.
    POSTED 45 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

And so are cabbages. I chose to eat pig and save the cabbage.

footflaps

I haven’t eaten cabbages even since we had one as a pet when I was a child.

matt_outandabout

hora
    Free Member

Project Im not like that miserable lady garden-Morrisey. Meat is good. Nature is about making the most of animals ffs.

bigjim

Well that lamb isn’t going to be UK lamb at this time of year, so naughty naughty for that too, as well as for buying cheap supermarket meat.

nealglover
    Free Member

Why are you buying meat?
    Particularly – why are you buying cheap meat?

Pretty obvious answers to both those questions surely.

johndoh
    Free Member

I just bought a leg of lamb and gonna slow cook it as Kleftiko tomorrow.

Mmm

fourbanger
    Free Member

Mattoutandabout, are you aware of the new Tesco production cost linked contracts?

Drac

Well that lamb isn’t going to be UK lamb at this time of year, so naughty naughty for that too,

British lamb is available all year rounds. You’re thinking of spring lamb but you’e be wrong there too of course.

sputnik
    Free Member

Hora, I have been conned in exactly the same way by Tescos when buying steaks , when they sell two per pack one would be nice and the other would be shite. Happend too many times to be a fluke and since then I only buy from the butcher.
    It is more expensive but better value at the end of the day. Best thing is that the people at the local butcher is getting to know me better and becoming more generous.

Less is more.

scuzz
    Free Member

When are the Butchers open round your way?

Drac

During the day.

kayak23

Nature is about making the most of animals ffs.

Ummm….. no. That sounds like an almost biblical claim of dominion… Nature is more about doing what is needed for survival. Of course other species kill unnecessarily sometimes, but man’s relationship with animals, with food, has Jeff Hall to do with nature… 😐

bigrich

what I kill, I eat

hora
    Free Member

We eat animals, some animals would kill and eat us. Others would happily eat our bodies, many would dispose of our bodies.

Its nature- weird this veggie-dont harm the animals stuff. Even weirder when Veggies feed their kids from birth in a veggie lifestyle IMO.

Anywaay- back on topic. I don’t mind eating offal or bad cuts as long as its priced accordingly. Tesco, it seems sells bad meat at premium prices. I’ll switch to Asda with meat from my Butchers. Tough catching them open though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You do realise they dye meat so it looks like what you expect it should, don’t you?

hora
    Free Member

Green? Purple? Look sit in the corner and eat your copious amounts of cheese but don’t wave your life-choice to change anyone. 🙄

winston_dog
    Free Member

Supermarket meat is MORE expensive than the majority of local butchers, except when something is on special offer.

Have a look at the £/kg and make sure its not hiding behind extras like stuffing in pork joints or basting fat on topside joints.

They might have a few loss leaders but they make it up on other stuff. Bacon is generally an absolute rip off in supermarkets

kayak23

Its nature- weird this veggie-dont harm the animals stuff. Even weirder when Veggies feed their kids from birth in a veggie lifestyle IMO.

Factory farming is NOT nature, pumping animals full of antibiotics so that they can survive an unnatural existence for our convenience is NOT nature, creating elaborate machines that do our killing for us on production lines is NOT nature.

Trying to instill some sort of morals in your offspring so that they don’t just blindly follow the ignorant masses and fail to question anything this self-centred race of ours does IS natural!
    But still….. Every little helps… 😕

hora
    Free Member

So I imagine all your food is sourced from small holdings. Right.

kayak23

I’m not claiming to live ‘naturally’, its impossible frankly, but you seem to keep defining what you choose as natural. It’s not.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Factory Vegetable farming is NOT nature, pumping animals plants full of antibiotics pesticides and herbicides so that they can survive an unnatural existence for our convenience is NOT nature, creating elaborate machines that do our killing harvest vegetables for us on production lines is NOT nature.

That’s not to say that I agree with Hora’s argument or that you don’t have a good point but an appeal to nature isn’t a strong argument.

binners

Its already been said. Don’t buy your meat from supemarkets. If people did in the past, I can’t believe they’re still doing so now, given what we now know, and have long suspected

W H Frosts is just down the road from you. Just go there on a Saturday morning instead. You’ll know exactly what you’re getting then

Junkyard
    Free Member

We eat animals, some animals would kill and eat us. Others would happily eat our bodies, many would dispose of our bodies.

yes and crocidles would eat their young – what is your point – if an animal does it it is morally just and we can do it? Seems like it is a little weak as an argument

You are aware of two important facts
    1. Children are born veggies and then you introduce meat – even when weaned to solids you dont start with steak.
    2. Sit down and prepare yourself for a shock meat eaters feed their kids meat and some non meaters dont feed their kids meat.
    All parents choose their kids diets not just veggies but only one is wrong eh 🙄
    Veggies tend to think eating meat is wrong why would they then get thier kids to do it? You are free to disagree but you do the same use your own moral code as the basis for deciding your kids choices be it diet or whether to watch an 18 film aged 9 etc. it is what parents do not just veggies

TBH i fail to understand [ stupidity/trolling] why some meat eaters keep getting so upset about what veggies do and goad and bait. Does eating pale cheap meat sourced from supermarkets reduce your IQ or do the chemical just lead to OTT knee jerk reactions in slightly portly serial bike frame swappers?

So I imagine all your food is sourced from small holdings. Right.

Ah right so you should need to be like you and buy the cheapest meat availble from a supermarket with dubioud ethical standards and then complain on the interent or you just cannot comment.

Hora …oh dear

johndoh
    Free Member

1. Children are born veggies and then you introduce meat – even when weaned to solids you dont start with steak.

And what about carnivores in the wild? Lion cubs? Tiger cubs?

geologist
    Free Member

Actually, if you go back we are historically veggies, back in the days of the cave man, it was very difficult for them to catch meat, studies have shown that our prehistoric brothers were 99% veggie, only eating meat very very occasionally!

So you could say that veggie ism is more natural than meat eating.

I am a meat eater btw, I love nothing more than a nice free range chicken Kiev, sourced from my local farm shop 🙂
    But to be honest I’d rather be veggie than eat shit meat from supermarkets. But that’s my choice.

hora
    Free Member

So caveman lived on lentil bakes and halumi cheese bites?

😆

Its a Modern-mans lifestyle choice.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Tesco and their meat- food agency complaint?’ is closed to new replies.