Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tesco advertising wagons
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Was in Tesco today and was a bit disgusted to see them using a full sized artic wagon purely as a mobile advertising board. I’ve seen smaller ones for other companies but this takes the biscuit – that’s a VAST environmental waste for advertising alone. Not sure what I expected from Tesco but I do find such mobile advertising morally questionable.

totalshell

surely its ethically sound as the artic trailer unit has many uses and could even now be hauling local produce to the store and then rests in the car park during the day

coffeeking
    Free Member

No, because it was a flatbed with nothing but wooden/metal structure in the outline of groceries bolted down. No room for storage, no room for anything – just advertising. It’s soul purpose is advertising.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Whilst it is there surely it is not using any resources? What makes you think it will never be used again for transport, or was it actually being driven around?

_tom_
    Free Member

Classic example of a STW’er moaning about absolutely nothing.

brant
    Free Member

OP: This sort of thing must make you LIVID

Jamie
    Free Member

Classic example of a STW’er moaning about absolutely nothing.

…..at nearly 2am no less.

Impressive.

Drac

Oh! I thought they were doing a cheap deal on wagon wheels.

Damn a misleading thread titles.

djglover
    Free Member

A well reasoned argument, and in no way hypocritical at all. Chapeau

Pook

Brant….. that planes got the thing on backwards

;o)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Whilst it is there surely it is not using any resources? What makes you think it will never be used again for transport, or was it actually being driven around?

It was moving, it stopped at the shop temporarily; presumably they needed more advertising outside their own store front door or the driver needed his tea, I’m not sure which.

I never said it would not be used for transport later, though by the state of the trailer I’m guessing it won’t, the point was not that they had bought a wagon, it was that it’s covering presumably hundreds of miles towing a big picture around, which is rather wasteful. People get all of a lather when supermarkets fly in veg from abroad, but apparently don’t care when the supermarket wastefully drives a big cardboard cutout round the country – genius.

OP: This sort of thing must make you LIVID

No, animations are fine withe me 🙂

…..at nearly 2am no less.

Impressive.

I’m normally awake until ~4am, no extra effort was put in don’t worry 😉

miketually
    Free Member

Brant….. that planes got the thing on backwards

Only about 25% of people seeing the plane will know what it’s advertising. How wasteful!

(50% is mirrors are distributed to those on the wrong side.)

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Coffee it’s for an advertising campaign for the price drop. If you take a pic and send it in you win Tesco vouchers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tesco advertising wagons’ is closed to new replies.