Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Terrorism is alive and well in NI
  • GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Ian Paisley was instrumental in the "troubles" escalating from civil unrest to all out sectarian slaughter. He co-founded loyalist paramilitary groups, armed them, organised them and called for them to robustly defend themselves against an exaggerated IRA threat that didnt really exist at that time.

He has also been implicated in planning/calling for a series of bombings which, although carried by loyalist paramilitaries, were actually blamed on the IRA, bombings which led to a massive increase in the level of violence in NI. Given the timing of his actions it could be argued that he has far more "blood on his hands" than any other single person involved with the troubles. But what else would you expect from a religious nut case. Putting it mildly, he behaved in exactly the same way as todays ultra extremist muslim clerics. Putting it bluntly he was an active player.

And no, I wont be linking to a website to back my story up, the info is there if you care to look for it.

sv

While there is no evidence ( that I have seen) that Paisley was as close to terrorism as McGuinnes and Adams I have no doubt he knew who the loyalist terrorists were and he had influence with them. If he had told them to lay down their arms then some of them at least would have listened. He was hardly a moderate
    He could have done more and earlier to help broker a peace – but in the end he did come on board. For that and for his constituency work I respect him – for his earlier "No surrender!" he will ever be stained in my eyes

You are all getting confused the loyalists weren't an army, they weren't organised in any real way. Ok so there were some lose cannons with guns but mostly they were a front for Special Branch/British Government, there was without doubt collusion! Although it was a fight against dirty cowardly scum who murdered men, women and children regardless. Why not 'No Surrender' would you surrender to any of the current terrorists in England?

He has also been implicated in planning/calling for a series of bombings which, although carried by loyalist paramilitaries, were actually blamed on the IRA, bombings which led to a massive increase in the level of violence in NI. Given the timing of his actions it could be argued that he has far more "blood on his hands" than any other single person involved with the troubles. But what else would you expect from a religious nut case. Putting it mildly, he behaved in exactly the same way as todays ultra extremist muslim clerics. Putting it bluntly he was an active player.

I don't see any of Paisleys former party members stating he did anything like what our friend Mr Adams has in the past. He is no more a religious nut case than the Pope but maybe you think 'the AA gunner' is a nutcase too!
    He may have played an active role in the troubles but somebody had to speak up for the Protestant people of Ulster, you cannot put him on anywhere near the 'bloody hands' level of Adams, McGuiness, Kelly, Maskey, Ruane….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

SV – while he might not have the bloody hands of those others there is no doubt he encouraged "loyalists" in their actions of riot and burning out of Catholics and so on as well as murders and kidnappings- and IIRC there are hundreds of deaths that the loyalist paramilitaries are responsible for.

As for "no surrender" – well he had to in the end – at some point you have to sit down and talk to your opponents – eventually he did but he could have done more earlier.

Intransigence is not helpful

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

JoeBones – Member
    LOL @ the mainlanders lack of understanding

Not all "mainlanders" are mainlanders though, are they?

tankslapper
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

TJ you saying there is any connection between Paisley and Johnny Adair?

Other than the fact they are both cocks?

+1 But add Adams and McGuinness – it's funny how the same people who benefited from the troubles now benefit from the peace….

Joe Bones BRA??? I always thought you were a right *** 😆

sv

TJ you argue most of the uk leaders are in the same Paisley boat then! It's hard to talk to an AK47, although SAS weren't to bad at it 😉 well until they were pulled back by the British government and then Special Branch top brass crashing into a Scottish hillside. Fairly convenient for the MI5 to take over just after strange eh? There is peace now and they (MLAs) are getting paid to do nowt.

TS how about that historic rugby win on St Paddys day – stick it up the Belfast schools 😉

JoeBones
    Free Member

The chances of MisterGnar talking sense on this thread are equal to that of Shergar running in the next Grand National!

tankslapper
    Free Member

JoeBones – Member

The chances of MisterGnar talking sense on this thread are equal to that of Shergar running in the next Grand National!

He'll win by a head……….

jj55

JoeBones – I take great exception to your racist language – my wife is of Romany descent and has suffered for years from ignorant idiots like you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thats actually a fairly stiff sentence for his protest IMO.

And joe – you really are a twonk. Sectarianism and racism in one thread.

tankslapper
    Free Member

….its gotta be pete, no one, I mean NO ONE, could alienate an entire forum in one sentence…..

Its at this point I have to say I miss Fred……

Talkemada
    Free Member

That's pretty nasty, JoeBones. 🙁 Dissapointed.

Why is they usin' a breakdown service as da police?

JoeBones
    Free Member

Whats wrong with hating tax dodgers?

Whats wrong with disliking people who dont pay their way?

I have nothing against the Romanian people

JoeBones
    Free Member

Fred?

Talkemada
    Free Member

What's right with hating anyone? 🙁

jj55

like I said …… ignorant idiot! and you have just proved it!

JoeBones
    Free Member

I know, why dont we just encourage people to feed off us and our system?

Its only hard work after all!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Joe – if you cannot understand the difference between a dislike of individuals and tarring everyone with the same brush i say to you that everyone fro the island or Ireland is a thick Mick!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

i say to you that everyone fro the island or Ireland is a thick Mick!

Racist! I should report stuff like that…

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Terrorism is alive and well in NI’ is closed to new replies.