Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • tents without sown in ground sheets…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Have just purchased a drive away awning (2nd hand) for the campervan, we usually use this wild country for all of us to sleep in.

Its a great tent but really to small to “live in” the new drive away awning doesn’t have a sown in ground sheet new drive away awning my concern is rain and mud ! I will put a massive ground sheet down inside and hope the rain doesn’t somehow get in !

How do you cope without sown in ground sheet or will ground sheet be okay ?

globalti
    Free Member

[pedant]Sewn[/pedant]

I’ve never had the luxury of a canvas mansion but I imagine you wear slip-on shoes in the awning area and slip them off as you step into the floored areas. Be sure to shake them out in the mornings in case something nasty has crawled in.

If it rains long and hard, dig a gulley around the tent.

scruff9252

If you ever find yourself with a river running through your tent after heavy rain, instead of digging a gully (campsite owners can get a bit sniffy about you digging up an emplacement) it’s usually easier to put a couple of wine bottles (empty) under the “upstream” edge of the groundsheet to divert it under.

lesgrandepotato

Tents without sown in groundsheets are much easier to dispose of the bodies in.

seosamh77
    Free Member

you have a campervan and a tent? why don’t you just go to a b and b if you want more shelter? you’re nearly there! 😆

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member
    you have a campervan and a tent? why don’t you just go to a b and b if you want more shelter? you’re nearly there!

2 birth camper van and 4 of us (2 of the 4 are way to young to sleep in a tent on their own)… you work out the maths 😀

B&B are you mad whats fun in that

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘tents without sown in ground sheets…’ is closed to new replies.