Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tent v Driveaway awning 2.5 week camping trip
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

As the title states !

We are off in 10 days to the Netherlands for 2.5 weeks of touring and camping longest stop will be for 1 week on Texel, the rest is 3 days( 1st camp) move 2 (2nd camp) days then to Texel (3rd camp) for 1 week then 3 days (4th camp) so in total 4 moves, heres the quandary both the tent and the drive away awning are the same size (tent is 15cm shorter incase any one notices) when pitched but and its a massive but, the DAA is massive when packed down the pole bag is the same size as our tent fully packed.

DAA is a Riemo Family Tour and tent is a Robens Double dreamer

Space is a bit tight in the van the Reimo takes up pretty much all the space behind the rear seats and weighs 14Kg more !

Love both tents and I’m not really that bothered if it connects to the van or not…but something in me is saying take the DAA !

Decisions ! What do you reckon ?

pk13

I’ve just done exactly this I took both tent and awning the tent won on points but only just.

alpin
    Free Member

Tent. Don’t really get the whole drive away awning thing.

Surely walking a few yards to the van isn’t a problem and means quick trips off site isn’t any hassle.

For me it’s tent or free standing awning.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

should have said the awning can be freestanding, our drive away awning also doubles as our sleeping quarters for all four of us.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

revs1972
    Free Member

I have a drive away awning. Prefer it to the tent as it really opens the van up to be part of the living space. I use a figure of 8 connector so its 60 seconds to connect back up after we have been out for the day.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tent v Driveaway awning 2.5 week camping trip’ is closed to new replies.