Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tempted to go tubeless…
  • DickBarton

Evening, I have some SunRingle Black Flag Pro wheels and some Black Chilli Protection Rubber Queens. The rims have a light blue rim strip in them and it appears to go right to the edge of the rim – not right up to the outer edge but certainly covers the base of the rim up to the bead part.

I’m wondering, if this and the tyre are enough to go tubeless and I just need to add some sealant to the mix? I’ve got some Mavic tubeless valves which I’m assuming will just fit in place.

Interested in trying tubeless but can’t really be bothered with the effort of going the whole hog (mainly due to not getting enough time to ride just now!) but suspect I’m almost there.

Cheers.

mokl
    Free Member

Just set mine up – exact same wheels as you, only they came with the valves and Stan’s.

Mine went up very easily using 2 standard WTB tyres that I have been running with tubes for a while. Make sure you slosh the sealant around and they should seal up fine. I used a track pump and didn’t even bother soaping the bead for the rear as it went on so well!

edit – just to add the rimtape should be good to go if like mine!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Got some Black Flags from CRC, they have yellow rim tape and came with the Stans kit. Put a tubeless ready Mud X on the front nae bother. Just have to decide what to put on the back.

DickBarton

Mine came on the bike…definitely a light blue-ish coloured rim tape…

Cheers for the feedback, sounds like it should be do-able, so just need to get some sealant!

mokl
    Free Member

Double check your rim-tape though. Sounds okay, but mine is yellow.

njee20
    Free Member

The Roval stuff (which is identical to Stans) is blue, so it is only yellow. Carefully check if it’s adhesive – if it’s just a normal plastic rim tape it almost certainly won’t be, if it’s adhesive then I’d wager it was tubeless stuff.

scruff
    Free Member

Rim tape that came on my Chargers is yellow, TLR tyres went straight up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tempted to go tubeless…’ is closed to new replies.