• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Temple Cycles "Ladies Lightweight" bike
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

The bro in law is thinking of getting one of these for his (dutch) wife for Christmas. Any thoughts or experiences?

Step Through Lightweight

She currently has a traditional style dutch bike, but it’s bloody heavy and utterly unsuited to going up hills (they live in Wiltshire). She doesn’t really get on with modern hybrid style stuff – too low and racy, so he’s wondering if this will be a sensible compromise.

Mudguards (and probably a rack) needed, naturally. Spec looks OK, and the weight (25lb ish) not too bad. Add 2lb+ on for the guards and rack though.

To my eyes its quite faux-retro. That will appeal, but whether its enough make her WANT to ride (which I think is always the sticking point) rather than drive is the big question.

csb

I’ve seen them in the shop and they’re lovely looking things, but more expensive and less practical (e.g. Discs,) than say the equivalent Marin. If they’re in the hills is there anything that will get a reluctant new rider out? It’ll just sit in the garage looking nice.

wwaswas

E-bike conversion for her current bike?

scotroutes

Wide range 9 speed gearing offers a great range of gears to tackle steeper gradients.

🙄

IHN

To my eyes its quite faux-retro.

It is, and you’re paying for that; £695 is a lot of cash for that if you look at it in terms of spec.

Is it for nipping around town, or going out and riding?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Temple Cycles "Ladies Lightweight" bike’ is closed to new replies.