Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tell me why I shouldn't buy this.
  • avdave2

Pinnacle Dolomite 4

I fancy a road bike again after 20 years without one and this looks to fit the bill. I ride all year round whatever the weather so a frame that takes proper mudguards is a must. So any reason not to go with this. I’ve also looked at the Ribble winter training bikes but the 105 groupset looks to be a bargain on this. I want something reasonably quick but I’m not going to be racing and I’ll be riding on my own most of the time so don’t have to keep up with anyone.

Thanks

zilog6128

because there’s a full carbon Pinnacle for £999 that’s an even bigger bargain?

toppers3933
    Free Member

are you a midget quite small in stature?

avdave2

toppers I am indeed a little short of inches.

I’ve looked at both those other options and neither appear to have mudguard mounts. I’ll be using this as a commuter as well on days I don’t feel like riding over the downs to work so could buy it through the company thus reducing it down to £600. I wouldn’t actually own it then but I can’t see many of the others in the office wanting to use it – they’re all over 6ft! Midgets 1 lanky gits 0.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I hope you took it in the spirit it was intended. 😀

If it fits and you like it then buy it.

What about a genesis Equilibrium 00. Brilliant bike.

avdave2

If it fits and you like it then buy it.

I’ll quote you when I mention it to the wife! The Genesis does look nice but I’ve had a thing about a 105 equipped bike for years. 20 years ago I had a payout from work all ready to buy a Peugeot with a 531 frame and 105 groupset when the car decided it was going to swallow the whole lot in one go.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Because it’s a road bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tell me why I shouldn't buy this.’ is closed to new replies.