Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Tell me about…Romiley
  • banks
    Free Member

Glossop is an inconvenience, better if was just a cross road & a Greggs

konabunny
    Free Member

The Cherry Tree estate in Romiley has a very poor reputation

But it sounds so lovely, though!

mt
    Free Member

Glossop was great back in the day, like many places near the Peaks it’s become full of southerners and returning northerners looking for the next place that will give a good return on a house purchase. A bit like a bigger Holmfirth without tourists looking for compo.

IHN

like many places near the Peaks it’s become full of southerners and returning northerners looking for the next place that will give a good return on a house purchase

Ooh, someone sounds bitter.

Semms Link road is going to have a massively positive effect on Hazel Grove’s traffic but you may need to have a look at it’s route before you buy a house

Ah, the mythical SEMMS Link road. Is it actually being built? Like actually? Because it’s been actually going to have been actually built since Noah looked out the window and thought it looked a bit cloudy…

BadlyWiredDog

mt – Member
    Glossop was great back in the day, like many places near the Peaks it’s become full of southerners and returning northerners looking for the next place that will give a good return on a house purchase. A bit like a bigger Holmfirth without tourists looking for compo.

So, sort of pretentious, twee tea-shop country overrun with posh southern property speculators? It does seem to have changed quite a lot over the last couple of days. I guess that’s the pace of modern life for you… 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about…Romiley’ is closed to new replies.