Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tell me about…Ellmau skiing or the ski welt area
  • stumpyjumper
    Free Member

Looking to book this years ski hols and fancy a change from the alps. Quite fancy the look of the the ski welt area

Any info?

northdownsouth
    Free Member

Ellmau and Scheffau next door are fairly small villages, well connected to the ski area, excellent beginner slopes between them. Not a lot of nightlife that end, Soll was the big Brit spot last time i was there, however it is further from the actual slopes.

For a park try and get a day or 2 over in Westendorf (same lift pass i think) which has some decent sized obstacles to throw yourself at.

Overall probably not as steep as the alps, with a smaller village feel if that’s what you are after. The actual ski terrain isn’t at all bad though!

hammerite
    Free Member

Went to Ellmau to ski 2 years ago for New Year. My first and only time to Austria (so far), but we loved it. As NDS says it’s quite quiet, but still a few bars, if you’re going for a family holiday it’s really good.

None of the slopes are too hard, good beginner/intermediate skiing not a lot of off piste. The trickiest runs are off the highest point in the area Hohe Salve. The pass does include Westendorf, but Ellmau is probably the furthest point from there in the area.

Lots of huts on the mountain which serve really nice good value food.

The lift and cannon system is really modern. We were there at one of the busiest times and only had to queue for the funicular first thing in the morning, no other for the rest of the day.

hammerite
    Free Member

Might be worth asking here: ski thread

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about…Ellmau skiing or the ski welt area’ is closed to new replies.