Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • tell me about the new SRAM Eagle
  • ChrisE
    Free Member

When will the new Eagle drivetrain be on sale?

I have 1×11 at the moment, X01, what will I need to buy/change?

Shifter yes
    Cassette yes
    Rear mech?
    Chain?
    Front ring?

C

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Whole groupset is needed for the swap. The chains and chainrings are 12 speed only and the 11 speed ones won’t work.

Working in the trade, i was tempted to order just the Chain, Mech, Shifter and Cassette to keep it cheaper but the rep and other sources say it won’t work. I can see why, as the chainrings have changed quite a lot.

Some shops who have ordered the group sets should have them in the next week or so, but Fisher is now saying end of June/Early July for both cassettes.

mboy
    Free Member

Whole groupset is needed for the swap.

Definitely don’t need a new crank… SRAM will also tell you that you’re going to need a new chainring, but I’d bet that Raceface and many other aftermarket parts suppliers will tell you differently. None of us will know for sure until someone’s tried it at least.

Either way, will at some point be ordering an X01 (or maybe waiting til it reaches X1 level) shifter/mech/cassette/chain but will want to run it with my existing Raceface cinch cranks so until I have confirmation that I either have or can buy a ring to fit readily, I’ll make do with 11spd for the time being.

Rorschach
    Free Member

It’s 2 louder.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘tell me about the new SRAM Eagle’ is closed to new replies.