Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tell me about sheds… where to buy?
  • poppa
    Free Member

I need to replace a shed that came with the house, but is now deteriorating (made of chipboard!). Does anyone have any recommendations of companies they have had good experience with, online or otherwise?

I would be happy to buy online and construct myself, as long as there is enough evidence of quality, e.g. independent reviews/experience. I have been warned off buying anything from chain DIY stores…

I am based in the South of England, looking to get a 12x8ft or so shed, preferably with a lowish height so maybe ‘pent’ style.

Thanks in advance!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i bought a shed online from billy-o or someone like that a few years back, biggest pile of utter rubbish i have ever seen, super thin and more gaping knot holes than you could believe, sent it straight back. never again.

towzer

I’ve decided to get a plastic shed (coz low maintenance is desirable and security not a bih issue – cheap mower/spade/fork etc) and am going to Costco (two plastic shed bargains)

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/category/uk_catalog/cos_9,cos_9.3,cos_9.1.2

poppa
    Free Member

I have done a bit of digging on the net, and there seems to be a bit of consensus that BillyOh sheds are crap. I have been looking at Urban Forest and Tiger Sheds. Tiger Shed seem to get a bit of a better reaction.

poppa
    Free Member

Ok… now I have read some negative stuff about Urban Forest (in multiple places, including STW). Losing confidence in the online option now…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cladding-nail-question-shed-content

hot_fiat

Bought myself a man cave type thingy from Dunster House. Apart from ABSOLUTELY EVRYTHING being an extra (felt, floor, roof, varnish). It is brilliantly made and went together very easily over a weekend. I’m very pleased with it.

northshoreniall

Recently got Asgard metal shed 9×11 ft, went up easy and mega secure. Not cheap but worth it in my opinion.
    Buy direct, easy deal with and delivery when promised.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Needs sound:

http://www.rainhamsheds.co.uk/

(Not a recommendation – just quite like the site, but it’s not half as tacky as it used to be 🙂 )

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Got a Tiger before xmas… took about 6/8 weeks from date of purchase as opposed to the 4 weeks they quote… didnt bother me, it might you.

Really easy to put up and felt (I used screws instead of the nails suppled… re felt saw some reviews saying only just enough felt supplied, but I had planty).

Was going to puff myself into a lovely pressure treated, nuclear winter surviving shed that would have been bespoke made by some lovely gent in yorkshire …. that know doubt someone will come on to recommend in a minute … and then remembered I lived in sunny Brentwood and wouldn’t need something that is more fit for the Highlands.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about sheds… where to buy?’ is closed to new replies.