Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tell me about Rose Bikes
  • warton
    Free Member

So, I’ve got a canyon road bike, and i love it. Price and performance are both perfect. I want a CX bike to do winter road duties, CX racing and general off road pootling, and after my good experience with canyon – another german company, I’ve been looking at this:

Rose CX bike

Does anyone have one? any good, and what have peoples experiences of rose been like?

cheers

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Looks good. I run 46/36 with 12-27 cassette and its ‘just’ about usuable when on long rides off road but ok racing. 36 x 25 may be a struggle. Just something to bear in mind. Good spec though. (sorry dont have a Rose though)

warton
    Free Member

yeah, I’d probably put a 28 on the back tbh, especially if I go for the compact

warton
    Free Member

little bump, with another question, do the prices stay the same, or do they fluctuate, depending on exchange rate?

Slogo
    Free Member

I test rode a Rose MR Ride (29er HT)for a long weekend, in the summer last year. It was a great bike and great value for money. finish was great, you couldn’t see any of the welds, internal cabling etc. great value. 4 week waiting period i think they said.

The price was cheaper as it was last years model. It was 20% off.

I didn’t get it as I got a job away from home.

DT78
    Free Member

How did you get a test ride in the UK?

I,ve got one of their road bikes, very happy, bought over similar priced canyon as I could change the wheels with rose.

ashfanman
    Free Member

How did you get a test ride in the UK?

I arranged a test ride through a guy called Finlay Patton. Not sure if he still works at Rose, but his email was fin (at) rosebikes (dot) co (dot) uk. Might be worth a try.

DT78
    Free Member

Thanks, will give it a try.

Slogo
    Free Member

my LBS in poole sold them.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I own a rose and have brought other bits from them. My experiance of them has been nothing but positive. Fin’s still there too.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Good time to buy a 2012 bike now as they are discounted because 2013 bikes are nearly here

warton
    Free Member

thanks all, the bike I want is Out Of Stock now, and if 2013 bikes are on their way I doubt I’ll get a 2012 one now…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Rose Bikes’ is closed to new replies.