Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tell me about riding on Gran Canaria…
  • alpin
    Free Member

interested in what experiences you have on riding on the island (or any other of the Canary Islands).

did you go on your own or with a tour company, if so, who?

what was the terrain like?

difficulty of trails?

any other general info wouldalso be appreciated…

cheers!

Dickyboy

Went walking on La Gomera few years back & used these people for accomodation http://www.walking-gomera.co.uk/ was thinking of going back to give cycling a try, but not sure how good the trails would be unless you like the risk of tumbling down 100ft sheer cliffs

DaveRambo

I went to Gran Canaria many years ago.
    Went with a mate – just the 2 of us and we camped as the weather is usually pretty warm all year round.

We did a bit of touring, a bit of riding and a bit of hanging out.

The trails we rode were great, a lot of climbing of course as it’s volcanic but it was so long ago I guess a lot of things will have changed.

It was a fantastic trip – very cheap as we camped and something I’d love to do again.
    We took a lot of spares with us as we weren’t sure of what would be available – glad we did.

DaveRambo

I went to Gran Canaria many years ago.
    Went with a mate – just the 2 of us and we camped as the weather is usually pretty warm all year round.

We did a bit of touring, a bit of riding and a bit of hanging out.

The trails we rode were great, a lot of climbing of course as it’s volcanic but it was so long ago I guess a lot of things will have changed.

It was a fantastic trip – very cheap as we camped and something I’d love to do again.
    We took a lot of spares with us as we weren’t sure of what would be available – glad we did.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

having lived and worked in all the canary islands, i would definatly say that tenerife in the north is by far the best to ride!!!

there is a website for tenerife and dh is also avalable with uplift 😉

ebygomm
    Free Member

We did two day trips whilst there on holiday with freemotion, both drive to the top of the mountain than ride back down. One a lot more technical than the other.

Some photos and links to route maps here

alpin
    Free Member

ebygomm… what were free motion like? impressed with them? what were the trails like?

cheers guys….

terrahawk
    Free Member

I did an enduro there a couple of years ago. It was ace but not the most technical event in the world. it’s dry, dusty, warm and hilly. What else do you need?
    One of the best bits was the naked german lass getting a massage at the sign-in tent. Aye aye! Wooohoo!

anyway – more stuff ’bout it here.
    http://40psi.wordpress.com/2008/03/12/298/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about riding on Gran Canaria…’ is closed to new replies.