• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tell me about radiator spray paint
  • DrJ

Seems like the perfect solution for painting awkward areas. Are there any drawbacks, apart from the one about accidentally spraying your windows/sofa/brand new flat-screen TV ??

trail_rat
    Free Member

the first rule of radiator spray painting is – remove the radiator and take it outside – then spray !

when spraying – it will always cover what you didnt want covered in paint …. i have a blue tinge to my fence just outside my garage where i sprayed some parts of my land rover !

Marin
    Free Member

Paint it with a brush. Much better result. If you insist on trying to be lazy either remove or cover area not to be sprayed very well.Then practice first on something outside unless you are really called Banksy.

andyl
    Free Member

I wouldn’t spray outside – too much risk of a fly landing on it.

[list]If you have an empty room (with nothing valuable that could get covered in overpspray) then do it in there and make a little spray booth out of cardboard boxes around the radiator. Put a mask and glasses on just in case.

LardLover
    Free Member

trail_rat +1

Despite covering everything in a 3 metre radius there was a fine white mist over everything.

Never again.

Do it with a brush.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Looks shite with a brush too my lovely previous owner did some of his…. They look good sitting in my garage waiting to ge weighed in.

Unless budgets are really tight . Replace it if you want a good finish .

If budgets are tight . Take it out side , wash out the innards with the hose and the spray it .

Fly landing in it ? Do you live in a cow field ? Never knowingly had a fly land on anything ice painted

footflaps

anything ice painted

you paint with ice?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yes- hence why flys dont land on it too cold ……

THis is why ipads are not good for fat fingers 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

Fly landing in it ? Do you live in a cow field ? Never knowingly had a fly land on anything ice painted

Nope, but do live in a farm house and have sheep in the orchard and cows in the field behind 😉

When I lived in Bristol I did a fantastic job of fixing some rust on a metallic red car. Got the colour perfect….and then a seed thing with the white umbrella thing landed on it 🙁

jamiep
    Free Member

Someone at work did it last week, inside. The mist covered the whole room = new kitchen flooring required afterwards

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Never had a problem spraying rads in doors, quicker and better results than painting, IMO.
    Obviously you need to sheet down well. Broadsheet newspapers and masking tape are your friend 🙂

DrJ

Message received. I’ll use a brush the old fashioned way 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about radiator spray paint’ is closed to new replies.