Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Tell me about other people's luxury problems
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

I have a mate who can only take a long weekend holiday because he is a contractor and doesn’t like losing his £500/day. I wish I had that problem!!

Tell me about a luxury problem someone you know has to endure.

br
    Free Member

Yep, self-employed – so don’t work, don’t get paid.

Why is that a ‘luxury’ problem?

maccruiskeen

Self employed here and have only had 3 holidays since 2003, last one was in 2007. Thats not a problem though, luxury or otherwise. If you’re business is something you enjoy you don’t need to take a break from it.

sambob
    Free Member

Mate tried to pay for his lunch in the Sainsbury’s self checkout with a £50 note, but it wouldn’t take it. Nightmare.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Unless your mate is legitimately outside of IR35 then just tell him to think of the amount of tax he is paying, I found it easier to take sick days and holidays when I did this when I contracted.

fasthaggis

The last of my Quail eggs were over cooked this morning and my supplier is not answering her phone.Nightmare

johndoh
    Free Member

If you’re business is something you enjoy you don’t need to take a break from it.

Unless you have a family and want to spend time with them of course.

(Business owner and father to two)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I though that about contracting, then I just went and spent the money 🙂

tomhoward

The sandwich shop didnt cut my triple decker BLT this morning, I’m going to have to cut it myself. Nightmare.

patriotpro
    Free Member

All the shit you lot are whinging about, I get the housemaid to do it, but it’s her day off.

Total nightmare.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m flying Premium Economy on my next trip to the US. 🙁

footflaps

The last of my Quail eggs were over cooked this morning and my supplier is not answering her phone.Nightmare

You phoned your wife to complain about her eggs?

I’m flying Premium Economy on my next trip to the US

The great depression II has finally arrived!

jekkyl

Debris keeps getting into the spraying arms on my dishwasher which means that glasses keep coming out with bits dried all over them.
    When I shake the spraying arm with it removed sometimes sweetcorn kernels fall out, how these get in there when they are bigger than the little holes is beyond me.

stumpy01

^^^ doesn’t it re-circulate the water, so maybe you have a split/broken filter somewhere allowing large chunks to re-circulate?

MrSmith
    Free Member

My friend likes to drive over from Germany in his Aston as it means he can wash his car* and fit proper tyres

*some bylaw that doesn’t let him wash his car outside.

brooess
    Free Member

I’m contracting. Not on that day rate but trust me, there’s no incentive to take a day off when you end up poorer at the end of the week…

You work as much as you can when you can, as you don’t know when the money will stop. You need that cash to live off until you get a new job…

vintagewino
    Free Member

I’m going snowboarding in a couple of weeks and I’m wondering whether to buy a new board to take with me as an extra.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

My hottub needs a new circulation pump, and I can’t get one delivered until Wednesday!

Nightmare of the highest order.

Duane…
    Free Member

Was at home the other week, and when I opened the fridge, stuff fell out. Too much food 😕

santacoops
    Free Member

Currently concerned whether my innards will withstand the onrush of grapes that i have fired down my gullet this afternoon!

sharkbait
    Free Member

We were staying with a good mate in France a couple of years ago when he asked me to help him decide on which of two [used] boats he should buy. The asking price on both of them was 2.3 million Euros!
    He chose the Fairline.

scaredypants

it’s my birthday soon and I can’t think of anything I want 🙁

nealglover
    Free Member

My friend likes to drive over from Germany in his Aston as it means he can wash his car* and fit proper tyres
    *some bylaw that doesn’t let him wash his car outside.

That’s a pauper problem for an Aston Driver surely.

My clients use my VIP “Collect and Deliver” Detailing service and always have immaculate cars when they need them 🙂

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Nothing better to with your time but post about someone making a load more money than you. Nightmare.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I have a gentleman to organise these things for me.

bencooper
    Free Member

We were staying with a good mate in France a couple of years ago when he asked me to help him decide on which of two [used] boats he should buy. The asking price on both of them was 2.3 million Euros!

I built a very posh custom Brompton a couple of years ago, for a boat owner who said that the cost of fuel was making him stop using the boat for short shopping trips. The cost to fill up the tanks? £40,000 a go.

So £3500 for a bike really was peanuts.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I’ve got a new pair of speakers coming, but they weigh 53kg each and I need to get them into a second floor flat.

BillMC

Markie
    Free Member

A friend’s great hall has been undergoing restoration for the past three years. The archeologists involved believe they have good reason to extend the scope of their work. Hassle.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about other people's luxury problems’ is closed to new replies.