Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tell me about Nokia music
  • Hareydan
    Free Member

I’m in the market for a new phone and am liking the look of the Nokia lumias. An added bonus is the fact they come with Nokia music, but I can’t find much detail about it. It says it’s unlimited, does this mean I can listen to as many songs as I want regardless of my data limit (likely to be 250mb per month, cos I’m tight) or is that dependent on having an unlimited data package? Also, how big’s their library? Being a typical STW niche-core music fan I’m not really that interested in hearing Rihanna’s latest single on repeat 🙂

Thanks in advance!

leffeboy

I don’t know exactly how it works but it will be dependent on your data package. It may not be a problem though as it will use your WiFi when you are in the house/office

Worth noting also though if you are looking at the bottom end Lumias is that the 520 has Nokia Drive and the 620 Nokia Drive+. The ‘+’ lets you download maps of different countries which is useful if you travel a lot. The 520 only gives you your home country

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Its pretty good, it is split into genres/sub genres so a fair range.
    You can download a broadcast to listen to offline, it will take inspiration from the bands/artists you enter into it and suggest similar.
    The only thing is a little legal thing, when you enter a genre a press play you can only skip up to six tracks in one hour for some reason.
    Other than that its a nice way of finding bands you may not have heard of before.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Genres include punk/ska, CBGB’s(bands associated with that club) country etc as well as the usual pop stuff.

Hareydan
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. My home broadband limit is only 10gb a month (did I mention I was tight?!), so I might look at a higher data package. Good to know that ska/punk’s covered too!

porlus
    Free Member

Love it on my Lumia 920. Thought it was going to be mainstream, but was pleased to find loads of metal, death metal, thrash etc.

CountZero

Just to give you an idea, when I had unlimited data, listening to BBC 6Music from ten am to 3.30pm, five days a week, used 500Mb of Data, so 1Gb/month.
    It used to be that Nokia Music was basically rental, if you stop paying for the service, you lose all the music.
    May have changed, but I prefer to actually own my music…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Nokia music is a free ‘radio’ station in effect.
    It allows you to listen to different music and buy the tracks you like.

Hareydan
    Free Member

I was hoping it’d be a good way of discovering new bands, sounds like it might well be. I’m still planning on purchasing music as I also like to physically own it. Just looking round for better data packages now 🙂 thanks all.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

What phone are you getting?
    I’m on EE/t-mobile with a Lumia 820 and 500Mb/5hrs talktime and unlimited texts for £27 per month (i think).
    Mind you, we have BT Vision at home with 40Gb per month so downloads aren’t a problem for me.

Hareydan
    Free Member

Lumia 620 on O2. Think I can get 500mb for an extra £3, so may consider that. I can always up my broadband if I’m using it that much though!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Nokia music’ is closed to new replies.