Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tell me about lights
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

I don’t wanna wait until winter & get caught out without a light so I’m
    thinking there may be some deals to be had now in the summer months !,am I right & what do I want without blowin a fortune !.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Some questions:

– bar mounted / helmet or both?
    – all in one / separate battery
    – budget?
    – happy to do easy diy fixes / cast iron warranty – backup?
    – what do you use now (to guage your existing battery / charger re-use)

reedspeed
    Free Member

Bar mounted ideally probably about a £100 budget!, do I need a spare battery!, I guess that depends on battery life/quality does it?.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

MTB batteries or a DX jobby.

Not had any experience of the MTB batteries ones but they they do get a lot of good press around these parts.

I’ve had a couple of the dealextreme ones and I would say avoid the £30 quid ones as the soldering is a bit piss poor and the beam pattern is too tight for off road. The more expensive ones like the one above are great for the money and I have never had a problem. Battery burn times are typically around 3+ hours. Trouble is if there is a warranty issue with them then the turn around is months not days.

binners

I’d really recommend the mtb batteries ones. I got a set not long back, along with a lot of other folk on here, and I can’t recommend them highly enough!

Unbelievable value for the money. You’ve got the option of a bar or helmet mount. They’re unbelievably bright, and the battery life is more than you’ll need for night riding in winter. Never mind this time of year

The looks even better

RustyMac

I have bought a battery from Smudge (mtbbatteries) for my Lumicycle lights when it failed and had another reparied by him.

Excelent service both times, i’d highly recommend him.

That V2 light looks a cracker and if i was in the market for a light it would definately be high on my list of concideration.

Another option for you although slightly over budget could be this mytinysun light. A friend of a friend has one and highly rates it.

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/products/MyTinySun-Sport-900X-900-lumens-made-in-Germany-2-years-warranty

nwgiles

I use the magic shine, I thought they were reasonable price, nice and bright I rode trails all winter in the dark all down to how much you are willing to pay

reedspeed
    Free Member

Thx guys,i know like anything,its down to budget,but hese all look like they’d suit me,so thx again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about lights’ is closed to new replies.