Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Tell me about… guns!
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

I fancy getting an air pistol for target shooting. Crossman 2240 maybe. Is there any kind of secondhand market for things like this? Any suggestions where to get something decent quality but not too pricey?
    Cheers!

skiboy
    Free Member

omg he said GUNS…..

RobHilton
    Free Member

Guns are for show, knives are for pros.

Apparently.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

tj-signal by j.buckle, on Flickr

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Violent fantasist! 😉

Mowgli
    Free Member

Oh no. Bad topic? 😳

RobHilton
    Free Member

Mowgli
    Free Member

I’ve got 9 mins in which I can edit this topic away. Maybe I should do that and then go think about what I’ve done

the-muffin-man

I suggest getting an air rifle – cheap air pistols are pretty rubbish things unless all you want to do is shoot tin cans.

lazybike
    Free Member

I’ve got 9 mins in which I can edit this topic away

which tyres for the iDave diet?…that should get you out of trouble.. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How about;

Tell me about… gnus!

Oh, hold on, that’s not going to go well, is it?

HermanShake
    Free Member

I don’t like guns, they invite cruelty and power imbalance. Get a catapult, it’s more jovial.

derek_starship
    Free Member

The 2240 is a CO2 powered pistol so you’ll have to buy 12g bulbs to feed it. You’d be better with a single stroke pneumatic such as the Weihrauch HW40PCA. These are recoiless and powerful enough for informal targets in the back garden. Whats your budget?

s
    Free Member

As muffin Man mentioned cheap air pistols pretty rubbish.

If you are looking for some target fun, why not try a day clay shooting at a local club?

Wozza
    Free Member

Watch out for the guns… they’ll getcha!

loum
    Free Member

… too slow on the draw

jordie
    Free Member

A big gun or a little soldier !

ferrit32
    Free Member

If you are set on a pistol for plinking type use I can recommend the Umarex CO2s, I have had a Barretta 92fs and a Walther CP88, very well engineered.

Mrs F made me get rid of mine together with a various pest control rigs when our nippers came along. Which I figured was fair enough.

I am pretty sure I have a nice Gamo Compact target pistol knocking about in the shed, must dig it out when she is out. 😈

Basil

Air pistols are pretty crap unless you spend lots and then you have to be pretty anal to use one properly, Stance ,air pressure ,pellet selection etc.
    Best advice search for your local gun club. Try to pick one that is not too posh or golf clubbish. This will let you try lots of different bangs without spending much money.
    Guns are fun.
    PS If you have been arrested for any socially unexceptable behaviour in the last five years don’t bother!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

google gunstar for a second hand market.
    In Scotland, dealers can’t use the mail to deliver to yuor door, it has to be a face to face transaction. guns can be sent to a registered firearm dealer of your choice then collected from there. typically this will add £25-£35 to the cost of the transaction – not sure if this applies in England
    I don’t know much about pistols, but if the 2240 is up your street, you might alo want to look at the 1377 (pump action) or for some British eccentricity, a Webley Tempest (overarm cocking). All good fun for taking it out on tin cans.
    The 2240 is a highly moddable thing though – google 2240 mods so the play potential is about as unlimited as the hurt yourself quite badly potential

qwerty
    Free Member

Rorschach
    Free Member

Rappers do….

mooman
    Free Member

Air pistols are pretty crap really. Accuracy & range are very limited.
    Tin can are about it.
    I got a HW45. Good shooting is about 2″ at 30ft. Same range with a basic rifle would be 1″ grouping easy enough.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

redthunder
    Free Member

HW45

Weihrauch HW45 – HW45 Air Pistol

Got one for sale if your interested ?

kaesae
    Free Member

Only criminals are allowed real guns in the UK!

tomhoward

Apparantly they don’t kill people, but rappers do.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about… guns!’ is closed to new replies.