Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Tell me about catapults
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Look – field! Sheep! No children!

I see no sheeps.

BadlyWiredDog

Are you suggesting that putting small children in a washing machine is safe?

The machine should be fine as long as you don’t exceed the manufacturer’s specified maximum load rating – even then there’s probably some leeway.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Look at this silly tag:

Elf on high horse again=boring

Whoever posted that; do you think I’m being serious? 😆

What a wally. No sensayuma, some folk….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sorry elfin – crap at trying to link to pictures on my phone. Pretend you can see a tree and a field.

Kuco – Member
    Pigeons and squirrels are vermin, get a proper gun and shot them if its safe to do so.
    POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Really don’t fancy killing anything despite what some people have assumed. Just don’t want pigeon shit in our small garden (ie hard to avoid putting things/being under the tree and want the nice birds to use the bird feeder, not squirrels.

Keef
    Free Member

er,if you do kill some sheeps,can I have one please,I’m a bit peckish….
    ta.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sure – but don’t expect their eyeballs to be part of the feast – I’ll have taken them all out with the rubber bullets ;-o

RustySpanner

Could you leave them a strongly worded note?

Keef
    Free Member

how about some harsh language ?

(directed to the animals,er not on here,obviously,’cus that would be stupid,as of course the pests probably don’t read this forum,but then again…..)

chvck
    Free Member

Squirrel catapult you say?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just don’t want pigeon shit in our small garden (ie hard to avoid putting things/being under the tree and want the nice birds to use the bird feeder, not squirrels.

Remove the bird feeder for a while?

Squirrel catapult ****, you say?

Yes

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Remove the bird feeder for a while?

Will not refill it. The pigeons don’t eat from it and have been a long-time nuisance – the squirrel is a recent addition that I would probably live with if it wasn’t for the pigeons too – may as well be rid of all if I am trying to be rid of some.

McHamish
    Free Member

Pigeons and squirrels are vermin, get a proper gun and shot them if its safe to do so.

Just leave the red ones alone.

bruneep

Red pigeons?

ski
    Free Member

You are going to do more harm that good with a catty, even with an air rifle, you are going to have to be a top class shot to kill cleanly.

Used one of these, which work, remember I think its still a no no to relocate a live one, so you are still going to have to find a clean way to dispatch them & dont expect them to sit still when you get close 😯

http://www.greenpestco.com/Squirrel-Control/Squirrel-Trap/prod_74.html

It will only take weeks for more to take over the area once cleared. I no longer trap, btw so there might be better methods about now.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How about just filling a catapult with split peas or similar? Surely they won’t kill anything?

And here is that picture just for elfin…

As you will see there are no small children, houses or paths. The closest path is on the other side of the hedgerow behind the barn.

And the reason it is such a pain is that our garden is really quite small and directly below the tree. I have cut the tree back somewhat but its canopy still covers most of the garden and with the summer quickly arriving we want our girls to be able to play on their toys without us having to clear loads of pigeon crap off them all the time.

mogrim

You want one of these, sort out the vermin pretty fast:

molgrips
    Free Member

What about a tarp suspended under the tree? Catch all the poo that way 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Hmm – it IS a solution but I fear the neighbours will think I am more mentalist than they already imagine.

j_me
    Free Member

Fetchez la vache?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And I don’t really have much faith in ultrasonic scarers after having one to stop cats at the other side (ended up putting decking down) and another to try to dislodge a resident rat. We ended up getting in pest control for that one.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Easily sorted, cut the tree down 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah that would be an option other than we quite like having something left in the garden. Everything else has gone though…

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Love that look. ” bent over a table and looking around cheekily” 😉

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Love that look. ” bent over a table and looking around cheekily” 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Just kill them by any means available… but don’t tell anybody, especially not on here. 😉

HTH

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

kingkong 8)

derek_starship
    Free Member

Cardboard cut-out of this talentless pair of irritating pricks should do the trick.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about catapults’ is closed to new replies.