Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tell me about BMXs
  • hammerite
    Free Member

Jnr (11, 5′ 4″) has said quite a few times recently that he wants a (shudder) cheap BMX. He’d be buying it for himself with some left over Christmas money and saving up some pocket money.

He already has a MTB and a road/cross bike, but just wants something for messing about with his mates on in the street and maybe going to the skate park, but nothing too hardcore.

I’m usually adverse to cheap and nasty Cycle King special tank like bikes, but wondering for this purpose whether it might be the best option. Or should we scour eBay for a better 2nd hand bike? What should we be looking for? Budget would probably be £100ish.

andypandy85
    Free Member

Second hand is the way to go, bmx-forum.com used to be good, although I’ve not been on for ages.

HTH, Andy

hammerite
    Free Member

Thanks Andy. Any brands to go for or avoid?

_tom_
    Free Member

Definitely 2nd hand. Someone over on bikeguide just got an awesome build for £160 on ebay, you just have to look out for em! Tbh most brands would probably be ok, anything from the following should be good for what your son wants to use it for: WeThePeople, Fly, FBM, Fit, Cult, Sunday, Haro etc all make solid bikes. Even a Stolen would probably be fine.

hammerite
    Free Member

There seem to be quite a few GT, Mongoose and Subrosa on eBay. All ok for BMXs?

lucien

I’ve got a GT BMX (old, stickers taken off) that needs a new BB – other than that it’s fine – where are you based, I’m happy for someone to take it off my hands TBH

Mail in profile.

duirdh
    Free Member

Match his £100 and get him something decent!

even S/h £100 won’t get anything decent!

if you’re from the “School of isla bike” a modern S/H BMX holds it’s value well.

_tom_
    Free Member

Dunno about GT, when I was properly into bmx years ago they were pretty crap compared to other brands. Not sure if they’ve sorted themselves out since then..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about BMXs’ is closed to new replies.