Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Telford where to eat ? (1 night)
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Staying overnight in Telford on the 22nd Dec where can you recommend for dinner & breakfast ? Has to child (3&5) friendly and not deep fried tat. Nice cafe etc ?

Many thanks in advance

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Telford?

Good luck with that.

Might be somewhere nice down Ironbridge that will be open.

Mounty_73

Shrewsbury is not far from Telford and you will be spoilt for choice 🙂

wolvesdug
    Free Member

Might be somewhere nice down Ironbridge that will be open.

This

warton
    Free Member

30 minute train to Birmingham

Garry_Lager

Ironbridge is a bit ropey for food considering it’s such a tourist spot. There’s a restaurant on the front that’s meant to be good (the severn I think, not tried it), also some of the alehouses are OK to eat in. The Golden Ball at the eastern end is good – sat down there with the kids a couple of times.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

only want some good honest fare !

Any veggie places ??

driving 15 mins in the morning with 2 children to ironbridge not an option

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Well then. Best pack a stove or some packed lunches. No real food is served in Telforgeddon.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

A long time ago I has a nice meal in nearby Ironbridge.
    Or as suggested try Shrewsbury.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I know Ironbridge very well indeed, it is an option, but it’s limited. the White Hart FWIW or The Golden Ball, but that’s it.

As for the centre of Telford you are limited and I know nothing about it cos I don’t go there… But there is a McDonalds..

Try Wellington, 15mins away, more old Market Town stylee…

MrGFisher
    Free Member

The Red House near Lilleshall is decent for dinner.

http://www.redhouselilleshall.co.uk/

Usual pub menu but home cooked, not ready meals like the chain pubs and cheap too with a family area.

A few miles further up the road from there is Newport. Small market town. Sure there’s a nice cafe there, but haven’t been for ages. Forget Telford town centre.

Houns

Bosh

Apley Farm Shop

Plenty of nice places for dinner in Shifnal

Edit

Ah, seen your comment about driving

Harry_the_Spider

Ironbridge.

Seriously, there is nothing in Telford.

slowmart
    Free Member

http://www.frankieandbennys.com

Frankie and Benny’s is fine for kids. Opens at 9am for breakfast.

just outside Telford, 5 minutes from the express way is

Homepage

the food is cracking and they should rustle something up thats child friendly.

With children that age F & B would be my choice given that the OP has asked for breakfast

Then you have the normal poison, pizzhut mc donalds etc…..

RoterStern
    Free Member

The Telford Centre itself is a bit of a culinary wasteland but in the surrounding towns and villages there are some hidden gems. Where exactly will you be staying and I can help a bit more?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

its a stopover on way to capel curig staying at the most exclusive venue….Premier inn (centre)

RoterStern
    Free Member

For the evening meal you could try the Shropshire which is a golf centre but the restaurant is in a converted farm and it’s about 10 mins drive from where you are and pretty family friendly.Shropshire. For breakfast I can’t really think of anywhere nearby that would offer what you are looking for as most of the pubs open for lunch and the only cafes offering stuff are generally of the greasy spoon variety. The Marks and Sparks cafe in the T Centre could be an option I suppose but isn’t breakfast included at the hotel? If you like Beefeater restaurants there is one next door to the hotel though.

davidjones15
    Free Member

There’s a Little Chef on the A5 at Shrewsbury 15 mins from Telford. Should be open for breakfast.
    Tip for the next trip: Don’t stay in Telford. 😉

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

[quoteTip for the next trip: Don’t stay in Telford.

i know

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Telford where to eat ? (1 night)’ is closed to new replies.