Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tektro Draco 2 Rotors with Shimano XT M785
  • dickeygreen
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can advised me if my rotors will work with my new brakes before I buy them.

I have a Rockhopper Comp 2014 29er, and the brakes on them are totally knackered, the brakes fitted are:

Front Brake – Tektro Draco 2, hydraulic disc, dual piston, 180mm rotor

Rear Brake – Tektro Draco 2, hydraulic disc, dual piston, 160mm rotor

I hoping to buy new Shimano XT M785 kit without the rotors and use the existing rotors from the Tektro brakes.

I believe I will have to buy a adaptor to fit the calliper with the 180mm rotor.

This is currently what I have on my bike..

But I wonder if anyone knew whether they would fit size/width wise.

Thanks for reading.

Dickey

dickeygreen
    Free Member

Current fixing for the rotors…

devash
    Free Member

It shouldn’t be a problem. Shimano brakes have good pad clearance so spacing won’t be an issue. Just make sure to get the right size adapters.

dickeygreen
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply devash..

I was just looking over the photos again, and I’m not sure if I will need an adapter or not..

As the 180mm rotor already has a adapter fitted.

However I wondered if that is only for Tektro brakes… :S

Never easy is it.. However I don’t want to have to pay someone in a shop to do it, if I can do it myself!! 🙂

acidchunks

I’m using tektro rotors and calipers donated from my old commuter (which had Dracos) on the new bike with Deore M615s without issue, can’t see how the XTs would be any different 🙂

dickeygreen
    Free Member

Awesome.. Thanks.. Yeah I think after speaking with a few people, they will be all good..

I’ll update the post once I know!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tektro Draco 2 Rotors with Shimano XT M785’ is closed to new replies.