Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Teenager wants a drone…advice please
  • matt_outandabout

Eldest_oab is convinced he wants a drone. He has a few quid of hard earned paper round money burning a hole in his pocket as well.

Suggestions, what to look for it avoid. He has £1-200 to spend.

What do we need to know legally, other than steer clear of airports, roads and private houses?

gwaelod
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout

I suspect I would face opposition from Mrs_oab and the military for signing him up under age….

project
    Free Member

Living near a park, cheaper ones crash, theyre heavy and will injure people if you hit them, and the best i heard was a chap went into a local ASDA to ask could he go up onto the roof to get his drone back,of course they said NO CHANCE.

Maplin sell the things as do Staples

jam-bo

Make him build one if he wants one.

v8ninety

Make him build one if he wants one.

EXACTLY what I was about to say. If he’s got time and knowledge invested in it, he’s going to really value it. Plus there’s definitely some educational value in building a flying machine from components. That, and encourage, nay, INSIST on responsible use, away from people, animals and buildings.

xora

Syma X8C is cheap and chearful and a good learner (well its what I am learning on). Couple of drone + tree collisions and its still in one piece! Will carry a GoPro or Xiaomi Yi camera.

ajantom

Hobbyking have everything you’ll need kit wise.

Take it from me, jumping straight to a 250 racer (built from a kit) is a steep learning curve! Doable, but buy lots of spare rotors. Lots!

After 4 months I’m feeling nearly ready to give FPV a go.

kayak23

Get him a bat and ball. It’s what I had in my day…

matt_outandabout

😀
    He has bat and ball. And kayak. And a Lapierre.

Still he wants more…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Teenager wants a drone…advice please’ is closed to new replies.