• This topic has 193 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by juan.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 194 total)
  • Teen breaks down before Brown
  • toomanybikes
    Free Member

Tron……they're from Chile, they came over here because they thought they could ge a better life by milking our benefits system, and before anyone accuses me of being xenophobic, anyone, black, white, green, yellow, british, german, chilean etc etc who think that the state owes them a living are gravely mistaken, the benefits system shouldn't be a way of receiving money to spend it on booze, fags, video games etc, unless all of those things have now become necessities of life.

have a look at the bbc today

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1272512/20-000-benefits-father-seven-children-video-games–pay-huge-booze-bill.html

this is the sort of scrounging scum I'm talking about, he should have his benefits cut, and his tubes, he's breeding for the benefits, and, mine and your taxes are paying for this scrounger to get p'ssed every day, this is what Labour has spawned over the past 13 years.

IanMunro
    Free Member

So, what's wrong with saying if she couldn't afford kids she shouldn't have had them, people need to have a bit of self-control

toomanybikes, after my parents divorced when I was 6 my mother couldn't afford me either. I guess she should have shown a bit more self control and put up with the odd bit of violence.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

Ianmunro…..completely different scenario, if your mum was the victim of domestic violence, she deserved all the help from the state that she needed, you're only reading into my comments what you want to read into them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IanMunro
    Free Member

I'm just reading what you wrote.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

Nope, i wrote, if you can't afford kids, don't have them in the first place, your mum was forced into a position through no fault of her own after she had you, and as I said, she deserved all the help the state could give

surfer
    Free Member

You take things too literally old boy but you don't seem to understand the term 'my opinion'.

Your opinion was that he did nothing to comfort her. He clearly did, which makes you either blind or proves that your opinions are meaningless.
    Ernie was right.

IanMunro
    Free Member

So at what point in the process after a father f*cks off do you think mothers deserve all the help the state can give? 6 years? 6 months? 6 weeks? -6 weeks? -6 months?

Woody
    Free Member

Surfer

………and your post proves that your ability to read and absorb information is very selective and limited.

Ernie took my initial post literally and I stand by what I said. He (Brown) sat and did nothing while the girl was unable to speak and his eventual 'comforting' was 'too little, too late' IMO 🙄

surfer
    Free Member

You said

The thing that strikes me most about it is the fact he just sat there and did nothing – was he waiting for Mandy to go and comfort her? Great chance to demonstrate some compassion and show that he does have 'feelings', gone begging. Tony would have been straight in there with a hanky and flowers.

He really is a dour b@st@rd

My emphasis. Did you mean this metaphorically as he clearly "did do something.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Those who say that labour have not done enough to ensure fair wages – at least they have tried – minimum wage ( resisted by the tory party) and working family tax credits to help those who still don't earn enough.

The working poor are much better off since labour came to power

Woody
    Free Member

Ok Surfer, as you seem unable to grasp what I mean, let me add the words to my initial post which might make it clearer, even to you and Ernest……….

The thing that strikes me most about it is the fact he just sat there and did nothing for +/- 30 seconds while the girl was upset/sobbing and unable to continue with her speech……………………..

Does that clarify my statement or are you going to continue to be obtuse for the sake of it?

molgrips
    Free Member

the amount of money bankers have had from the taxpayer to bail them out and still nothing changes

GRR!

Banks had to be saved to stop us all going down the tube.
    The govt will get its money back and more.

Back to the topic – I'm not sure I'd have been able to comfort her, despite caring. Sometimes you don't know if it's patronising to put your arm around someone and say 'there there' or if that's what they need.

surfer
    Free Member

Woody.

as you seem unable to grasp what I mean

Its fine to completely change the content of your statement. To be clear however this is not clarification but a wholesale re-writing.

I think when you infer that people are a bit dense for reading what you wrote and responding to it, is a bit gaulling, thats all.

DezB
    Free Member

The working poor are much better off since labour came to power

A help to many STWers. 😉

Woody
    Free Member

That's the great thing about the internet, a post which is not absolutely clear can be misinterpreted or distorted to suit the bias/viewpoint of the reader and lets face it, Ernie doesn't need much of an excuse to have a play on semantics.

It was late when I sent my original post but I did think my subsequent posts should have clarified what I actually meant.

I will be more careful next time 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

the country is skint

Well not really we are still one of the richest countries on the planet and don’t look like we are about to become a third world country any day soon.
    As for Labour?Brown could have helped more. Well they have introduced the Minimum wage which the Tories and industry resisted claiming it was unaffordable. They have introduced working family tax credits to enable more working people to have a living wage. Certainly more could always be done [see pensions, NHS,, Army, Roads, Schools etc] but it is hard to argue Labour has not tried to help the working poor and a lie to suggest the Tories have done anything to help the working poor
    Cozzy you numpty have you really got no compassion? If so you have failed as a human all your posts are to the right of everyone else well done sir can you not just join an Ultra right wing web site and leave us be?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Some of the attitudes displayed on here merely prove my point about Selfish Britain (on the Tory poster graffiti thread) all the more. 🙁

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Donk
    Erm how would the government reduce house prices? Sureley house prices are based on what people are willing to pay for them (no doubt with a shedload of goading from estate agents and valuers)

It's not what they need to do, it's what they need to NOT do.

Junkyard
    Free Member

WTF do you mean ?
    So by ignoring the house market entirely is the one true way the government can influence house prices 😯

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Well, yes. Ignoring rampant housing inflation is one way to blow a bubble.

i.e Removing housing costs from the inflation figure used by the Bank of England to set interest rates back in 2003. We know what happened next.

i.e #2 Removing virtually all regulation and allowing jumbo mortgages to be given to every man and his dog, regardless of ability to repay.

On the way down measures like the special liquidity scheme, support for mortgage interest and others designed expressly to artificially prop up the market with taxpayers money stop the bubble correcting.

BermBandit
    Free Member

LOL ……. thats precisely the sort of thing that would make you check to see if your mike was still on afterwards, especially on the last day of polling! Hope all 3 candidates saw it and had pause for thought as a result. Regardless of party politics, its a very good idea thet every now and again that they get confronted with the reality on the ground that their assorted dogmas impact upon.

M6TTF
    Free Member

hewkw – Member
    Did she cry for an iMac 24"?

no because everyone knows they're obsolete – it's all about the 27" baby 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Why has this teen been given the exposure? I'm struggling to see how my Mum working around the clock when I was younger means that family should get housing, MORE money etc etc etc?

Whats happening to this country? No one owes you anything. Thats where the proverbial chip on the shoulder comes from.

juan
    Free Member

Her mother should have paid more attention in school and she wouldn't have ended up as a cleaner.

Funny that. As Dr (like as in real Dr not medical professional) I'll have to work behind a McDonald's counter real soon to pay the bills. So I fail to see the logic in your comment.

hora
    Free Member

Apply what you've learnt? 🙄

juan
    Free Member

No one owes you anything. Thats where the proverbial chip on the shoulder comes from.

See I have tried very hard to ignore the loud and useless piece of fat that you are. But I just cant. Obviously the state owes you nothing. However modern society tend to redistribute the wealth to help the less fortunate, or the very stupid like you. I know someone like you, whose brain is so packed up with fat, will fail to understand such concept, but I think it's important to try to explain it. After all the state is going to pay your healthcare bill when in a couple of year when you'll need surgery for your heart condition. Why should they? You could lay off the booze junk food and ride your bike instead off spending your time on the classified, you will save the save quite some money.

I have to admit though you're very good. you made me fail in ignoring you.

backhander
    Free Member

That's some quality abuse juan.

useless piece of fat that you are

Quality.
    It is hia opinion though and he is entitled to it.
    I think we need some clarency on what makes someone "less fortunate", which would imply luck.

molgrips
    Free Member

Juan – easy with the nastiness mate.

juan
    Free Member

Sorry molgrip, I just can't, don't care if I get a ban, but having such a moron displaying contempt on a daily basis just really pisses me off..

molgrips
    Free Member

I think fortune comes into it when some folk are born with the brains/wit/aptitude to get themselves at least a reasonable job and standard of living, and some are not. I know some folk with personality problems who'd have to be extremely fortunate to find a job with a boss sympathetic enough to be able to work with them and get the best from them.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not saying I don't agree with you Juan 🙂 But your argument will be all the better and more persuasive if you don't resort to abuse 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Juan, everyone is allowed an opinion. Beit abject/the opposite to yours. In addition its an internet forum, you really do need to have abit of fun/relax on these.

I didn't mean you any ill by my post BTW- It was humour aimed at your comment on someone elses stark-viewpoint/comment.

Why would it resort in a ban? I'm not going to complain. You are venting off- its allowed, its a forum IMO.

BermBandit
    Free Member

C'mon everyone lighten up thats a quality rant by juan. Precisely what this forum needs more of IMHO. Power to yer elbow fella

backhander
    Free Member

Molgrips; is this luck or just life?(Of course, I do not include disabled people in this which you may have been alluding to?).
    I'm certainly not perfect and grew up what I call "council flat poor" but I get by due to working hard (no luck involved) and I know plenty of "dim" or unsociable/difficult people who manage to work.

Nick

Why has this teen been given the exposure?

Because a lot of people in this country, for a multitude of reasons find themselves in a situation where they are trying to live on an income that can't cover even a basic standard of living.

What society does owe them is the opportunity to get out of that situation, not to be screwed over by **** only after profit.

This thread is pretty much par for the course, lots of I'm all right **** you types who have always made the right decisions, done the best they can, faultless, judgemental tossers.

Woody
    Free Member

Does anyone have a link to more info on the family?

There appears to be something wrong somewhere, when a mother and grandmother are both working at the treasury (albeit as cleaners) and yet the family have to live on lentils for a week.

hora
    Free Member

There appears to be something wrong somewhere, when a mother and grandmother are both working at the treasury (albeit as cleaners) and yet the family have to live on lentils for a week.

Are you being cynical (i.e. a Labour stunt?).

Could be they have a mortgage and struggling to make repayments etc?

molgrips
    Free Member

There are dim/unsociable people who manage to work, and there are some that don't. I think that the less useful, manageable, stable or capable you are the fewer job options you have and the more luck you might need in order to hold a job down.

And it's luck, AND it's life. Seems evident to me that luck is a fairly large factor in life, is it not?

For example, I'm fairly workshy, I absolutely hate working and get very bored very quickly. However it so happens that I naturally have an aptitude for something that is in demand and not so many people are as good at it as I am. So I make a good living. Fair? No.. but fortunate, hell yes.

EDIT: Wtf does them working at the treasury have to do with anything? It's just a govt dept..

Woody
    Free Member

Hora – not being cynical, just that I would like more facts before reaching an opinion. I certainly don't think it was a Labour stunt as it would reflect rather badly on them that a family is living in apparent poverty having been here for most of their period of government.

backhander
    Free Member

Because a lot of people in this country, for a multitude of reasons find themselves in a situation where they are trying to live on an income that can't cover even a basic standard of living.

Does that mean that the minimum wage is pretty much useless?
    I'm in favour of a minimum wage BTW, but if doesn't allow even a basic standard then it's not doing its job.

lots of I'm all right **** you types who have always made the right decisions, done the best they can, faultless, judgemental tossers.

It's absolutely right to help out those who need it (through taxation etc), but exactly what is wrong with making good decisions, doing the best you can and wanting to reap the benefits?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘Teen breaks down before Brown’ is closed to new replies.