Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Technique: Speed is your friend
  • Tinners

Seriously though, you chaps are way, way beyond my skill level. I’ll never get to that level, but just wondering when speed is necessary for more basic woodland and trail riding. A big jump for me is still less than a foot! I need a skills course really. Although you pick up stuff along the way by trial and error, the more I hear, the more it convinces me that I need a bit of teaching too.
    If any of the Cardiff boys are reading this, it’s Garth steps that gets me (a series of about 10? steps about a foot tall and a metre apart on a gentle incline). It can’t be done slowly (I think) otherwise you drop down each step and go over the bars. Most of the time I can get down it by letting go of brakes before each step but not so fast that I’m bowling into the next. Trouble is, I go over the bars about 1 in 10 times and I’m running out of my 9 lives!

jedi

Basic Jumping and drops are a simple application of a push. No lean back, no scooping of pedals, no yank on the bars. Its simples

dustytrails

Speed/momentum is your friend so long as it’s the right speed. Smooth movement – weight distribution, braking with the right amount of speed to get you through stuff while still in control is the key. Practice, practice, practice & a little faith!!!!!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Technique: Speed is your friend’ is closed to new replies.