• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by igm.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • tech question rear gear cable orange 5
  • allybabs
    Free Member

wondering if anyone can help me?
    i’ve got an orange 5 pro 650b. i’ve converted to 1×10 but ive had an issue with the rear cable slipping and hence the gear sliping to the smallest cog.

i was wondering if it was something to do with a single pivot design and the cable potentially stretching in compression/rebound cycle?

anybody else had any issues?

coatesy
    Free Member

Owned quite a few, built & sold hundreds, never come across that problem with any of them. Have you got enough outer to allow full movement of the bars?

legend
    Free Member

The cable run shortens as it compresses so it ain’t that (and even then the outer obviously keeps it the same). The only thing it can really be is the way you’ve clamped it at the mech

towzer

on std 3 ringer rapid rise, I had issues after shortening the original cable (as the bottom got claggy etc so last couple of inches removed – maybe twice) and I got phantom shifts (maybe because the turn towards the derailleur was tighter/too tight and as the outer cable moved it pulled/impacted the inner….., anyway after I replaced cables and put in a wide loop much better shifting and no phantoms

walla24
    Free Member

if it slips all the way down to smallest sprocket it must be how you have clamped the cable?

does your shifter stay in the ‘correct’ gear or does that slip through the gears too?

igm

If it worked pre 1×10 and not now I’d be looking at the derailiuer not the frame.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘tech question rear gear cable orange 5’ is closed to new replies.