Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Team Grips – SITS content
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

no idea re body fat but i am 65 KG. As i am pit bitch I will just play point at the sweaty fatty
    needd to confirm my attenedance later this month once kids summer access agreed

molgrips
    Free Member

If it’s wet, the best sport to be had is watching the noobs struggling through at 4am after three hour graveyard laps dragging a 30kg lump of otherwise immobile mud and aluminium.

iDave
    Free Member

If it’s wet, the best sport to be had is watching the noobs struggling through at 4am after three hour graveyard laps dragging a 30kg lump of otherwise immobile mud and aluminium being asleep in a warm sleeping bag.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh.. so you’re a wuss, Dave? Ok, gotcha.

philconsequence
    Free Member

this all sounds like hard work… why not organise a fun ride messing around in the woods and then a bbq with wine, beer and crackpipes? i don’t understand why riding at 4am in the rain is an exciting prospect.. you weirdos 😛

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

phil – molgrips is going to do the graveyard shift… the rest of us are going to be off our boxes having consumed large quantities of tequila, arriba!

philconsequence
    Free Member

weirdos…. the prise for winning better be a lifetime supply of boobs or something otherwise you’re all mad.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Has that ever been in doubt then Phil?

I’ve always thought I was just living out a real life version of Shutter Island crossed with the Truman Show anyway.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

is anyone bringing whiskey? I won’t be able to drink much as I’ll still be preggy, but I’m not going to miss out if I can help it…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Do you drink then Mum?

I’m pretty sure it’s okay to drink whiskey in the last month of pregnancy

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t mind the graveyard shift 🙂

The point about making things grim, phil, is that it tests yourself. It’s great fun despite being grim – honestly. Do it at least once.

Come

Join us

(PS it’s not necessarily going to rain)

mrsgrips
    Free Member

DID YOU CALL ME MUM?!?!

And yes I do, while Mol is a non-drinker I drink small amounts in my ‘old age’. That being said he’s still see me drunk and apparently I’m rather endearing. But I will not be indulging that much while pregnant, nor if I pop early, as I’ll be nursing the wee one.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yes, did you not see my new name on the team sheet.

I’m a grips now 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

I will bring some Jura for you/me/yeti MrsGrips

molgrips
    Free Member

She gets younger and younger as she drinks. Enough wine and she becomes a 5 year old child, it’s rather sweet 🙂

Nursing not an issue – express enough to cover the evening and get mullered 😉

Mrs Grips – looks like we’ll need to drop Lil Grips off at Grandma and Grandpa Grips for the weekend.. 🙂

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Yeti, I am NOT taking responsibility for you in any shape or form; you can be a cousin or something…

iDave/Mol: Sounds like plan.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

But I need guidance and Auntie C_G won’t be there 🙁

mrsgrips
    Free Member

I cannot guide you my child; I’m already married.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think being married helps with adoption points though, surely? 😕

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Was busy working yesterday and didn’t see this thread… 😯

Am i committed to team grips then? *wonders if she replied to that bit of TSYs email* I like the sound of the afan monster

*goes back to work* 😥

molgrips
    Free Member

DG you are definitely in – we need a token fem so we can all do fewer laps 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

DirtyG… I don’t think I mentioned it. Was too busy sending your pics of the possible team strip 8)

iDave
    Free Member

Surely will DG do fast laps though, thus cutting down our drinking recovery time? can’t we get a big heifer who has never ridden before?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

A token female? A TOKEN female? A TOKEN FEMALE? Is that all i am?!!

TSY, that’s fine, keep the photies coming – i’m only interested in the visual side of things anyway 8) *hits refresh on her phone and email*

(disclaimer, i haven’t yet agreed to anything…TSY needs to work a bit harder…making my dinner instead of just suggesting it would be a good start!) 8)

molgrips
    Free Member

True. I strongly suspect that some teams recruit some noob female who’s never mtbed before, give her semi slicks and a bike with no mud clearance and send her out for a night time double so they can all get some kip…

DG sounds far too quick for that though 🙂

Why haven’t I got any pics or other emails in my inbox Yeti?

i haven’t yet agreed to anything…TSY needs to work a bit harder

Pleeeease?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

a big heifer

*puts hand up*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

DirtyG you’re not a token anything… you’re a founder member… the linchpin if you like… without you the wheel falls off!

I’ve promised you pink lycra, a centrally heated tent and no cycling during the night. I will arrange a selection of iDave approved culinary masterpieces for your delectation, and I’m working on finding a masseur… What more do you want?

Deadly Grips you’re more than welcome to join us, we have a space after Torminagrips had to drop out.

philconsequence
    Free Member

confused… what kinda race is this thing if you’re hoping for a slow person? or is it just about surviving 24 hours… in which case why not all just ride nice and slowly?

molgrips
    Free Member

Phil, it’s a schizophrenic race. A mixed bag of emotions. You want to complete it and do well, but you also don’t want to drag yourself out of bed at 2am on 50 mins sleep to ride in the cold and wet… So you make silly jokes about going slow 🙂

It is predominantly about surviving 24 hours yes, and you do need to ride as slow as you need to get through…

An interesting phenomenon though – how come so many people enjoy it when it can be so grim..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What’s the date TSY?

philconsequence
    Free Member

so is it most laps completed or fastest average lap time per team or what?

i understand schizophrenia, but not this damn race! 👿

molgrips
    Free Member

Afaik it’s like Le Mans.

The winner has the most laps completed that are started within the 24 hours.

So one team member on the course at any time, passing the baton to the next rider. The race starts with a short run (to spread the field out) then that rider has to do the first lap. Then you can organise it however you want but with only one rider on the course at any time, and everyone has to do at least two laps. You get to finish the lap you are on when the 24 hours is up and it counts.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

I think the token girl should be a midwife… unless any of the rest of you are. Barring that I think you should all read up on childbirth techniques and how to boil water and fetch towels.

molgrips
    Free Member

Phil is a nurse, isn’t he? We can get him to come along.

You can have the kid at the race but make sure it’s out in time for my lap, ok?

mrsgrips
    Free Member

You’ll just need to ride fast if I do get close and it’s your turn out.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sounds ok.

SITS related names for a new baby?

philconsequence
    Free Member

ahaaaaa makes sense now. how long are the laps on average?

do you not remember my parenting advice and exercises for pregnant ladies advice mol… i’m not the kinda nurse you need in that situation 😈 although its not hard, watched my mum help her best friend give birth in the downstairs toilet when i was a kid… no sweat!

molgrips
    Free Member

Depends on the event. SITS is usually 40-50 mins for normal people, Mayhem usually longer, 50 or 60 but they change the course there quite a bit each year. Somewhere like Bristol Bikefest which is the same but only 12 or 6 hours has a lap of 30-40.

Judging by current evidence, this new baby is going to kick the doors out from the inside before 40 weeks is up, so it might not be an issue 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Darcy. I’m not sure. If only it was written somewhere obvious 🙄

SITS related names? Do you know the gender?

molgrips
    Free Member

No, just need both as contingency.

Would ‘Clagfest’ be better as a girl or boy’s name do you think?

DD = 6-7th August

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Team Grips – SITS content’ is closed to new replies.