Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Teacher Training Lecturer
  • Spin
    Free Member

Does anyone on here do this?

I’m thinking about a move from teaching at high school to teacher training lecturer at a local college.

Any advice appreciated.

Ta

anagallis_arvensis

You would have to be a complete and utter no nothing bellend ime

bigdean

To move you dont have to retrain (assuming you have your teaching quals). Ignore bellend comments from know nothings.

It’s different, better in some ways worse in others. Students are not there because they want to and you get the ones school couldn’t/ didn’t wanf to persuade to stay.

Having said it can be rewarding, seeing people mature over a year and progress on a career.

fossy

I work for a large ITT provider (University), although I’m not a lecturer. I’d say it’s a good move and certainly good progression. We get lots of people moving from schools into our lecturing posts.

Spin
    Free Member

You would have to be a complete and utter no nothing bellend ime

Guess you were just unlucky. I had some excellent tutors / lecturers on my PGDE although some smart arses thought it cool to denigrate them.

anagallis_arvensis

I had a **** awful tutor when I did my GTP he was no help whatsoever. The ones I see these days just seem obsessed with ” evidence” but I dont think they know what the word means!!

Spin
    Free Member

To move you dont have to retrain (assuming you have your teaching quals)

That’s right but it’s in the t&c’s of the job that I’d need to get the TQFE within 3 years of starting.

headfirst
    Free Member

My wife has made the swap from assistant head to senior lecturer in SEND this academic year and she is loving it. So much less stress, but a substantial pay cut.

Ps. She is not a bellend

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Teacher Training Lecturer’ is closed to new replies.