Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • TDMB route beta
  • cornishben
    Free Member

A friend and I are planning to do the Tour du Mont Blanc MTB loop at the end of September (weather dependent). I’ve found one GPS route online and understand it mostly follows the walking route with the odd diversion to avoid the steepest parts.

Obviously the optimum MTB route will minimise walking/carrying time and maximise fun single track riding.

Does anyone have any route beta/maps/info or just general beta which they’re willing to share ?

richpips
    Free Member

My big concern this time of year would be snow.

https://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/France/Chamonix_snow.html

As for the route, there are lots of variants, though carrying/pushing your bike is unavoidable.

cornishben
    Free Member

yep fair enough, if there’s too much snow maybe we can go skiing instead!

niall1975
    Free Member

Theres been a large dump of snow yesterday down to low levels. From Cham round to Courmayeur its landrover tracks over Les Houches and lowest level path to the Col above Val Veny. Lot of pushing up. At the bottom of Lake Comball in Val Veny there is a hike a bike up to the ridge and then a great singletrack run along to the ski area and then landrover track descent down to Courmayeur.

Havent done anything past Refugio Bonnatti on the eastern side of the loop though its a steep switchback push up from Courmayeur to Refurge bertone then rolling decent single track to Refuge Bonnatti, Alternative ia up the road below in Val Ferret and landrover track for the final climb to Refuge Elena.

There was an article in one of the previous issues where they did itin 5 days but that was really pushing it.

Niall

niall1975
    Free Member

When i say lowest level path there are 2 Cols before Val Veny i menat lowest level variant. Its all bloody high lol

Niall

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘TDMB route beta’ is closed to new replies.