Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • TDF winner admitts doping… and implicates Armstrong
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

kennyp – Member

Armstrong is probably the most tested athlete in history, in any sport. No test has ever found him guilty. Occam's razor.

He keeps repeating this and it has been accepted as fact but it is totally untrue. Track atheletes are tested much more.

anyway – to me Occams razer says he is a doper – as I am sure he is.

Many of his team mates were systematic dopers, his trainer has been implicated. Is he really that much better – superhuman – that he can out perform the dopers? Unlikely. Far more likely he just hasn't been caught. Many many athletes are now known to be dopers without ever failing a test.

IMO anyone who thinks Armstrong is clean is hopelessly naive

This court document makes a good read:

Lance A vs Assistant

MrNutt
    Free Member

which EPO for the commute?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    juan
    Free Member

Well I know a pro roadie. Ex pro tour he did la vuelta, el tour and el giro. He always refused to take anything and to cut his hairs. Funnily enough he never managed to finish most of the tour he started. With all the others that wanted to stay clean. He says you can perform more than 4 days. After that you're burned. You obviously can "pootle" the tour and ride it for the whole 3 weeks. But not win if you're not "helped".

hora
    Free Member

So on last years tour at his age he must have been smacked upto his eyeballs just to keep him in the tour let alone near the front?

Hes a magician at hiding his smack from the testers then? So Juan his age and with that pace against all the other drug users using their young age and drugs he must have gotten through a mountain of drugs every night before the next stage.

You know until you are found guilty you are innocent.

No you don't win Tour's on just water. You win tours on year round hardwork, dedication, pain, diet and backbone.

I'm a huge fan until proven otherwise. Saying that, if all of them have been dabbling, his achievement is still massive considering what hes been through and on the level playing field..

hora
    Free Member

Cheats Mea Culpa says it all to me.

juan
    Free Member

So Juan his age and with that pace against all the other drug users using their young age and drugs he must have gotten through a mountain of drugs every night before the next stage.

O8 WTF I have to do with all that…

At the subject of non round seat tube. The seat tube, will just need a straight path for the motor to connect to the bottom bracket. Non rounded tubes will allow more space for batteries.

kennyp
    Free Member

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one 🙂

Anyway, it's far too nice a day to be sitting in debating doping. The sun's out and I'm off up the Pentlands.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

The sun's out and I'm off up the Pentlands.

Don't forget to swap out your blood before you set off 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

hora – Member

So on last years tour at his age he must have been smacked upto his eyeballs just to keep him in the tour let alone near the front?

Yup – and throughout the last 20 yrs leading to the abilities to do so

Hes a magician at hiding his smack from the testers then?

Yup – like so many Americans – think how many of the track and field athletes are now known to be dopers despite never failing a test

Of course he had the abilities and the drive – but I simply don't believe he could do what he has done clean and there are so many bits of evidence pointing his way

Enjoy it Kenny – heading off to East Lothian shortly myself

warton
    Free Member

it comes down to this. He would of known his team mates were doping, as would of the doctors, the perfomance changes would of been obvious. So why, as someone so opposed to doping didn't he demand they were kicked out the team? He had the power to do it, but didn't why? Something to hide? Anyone who thinks the top boys don't dope is insane, of course they do

Woody
    Free Member

Hes a magician at hiding his smack from the testers then? So Juan his age and with that pace against all the other drug users using their young age and drugs he must have gotten through a mountain of drugs every night before the next stage.

Hora – why do you post about things you patently have absolutely no idea about?

I would be astonished if he was clean, either now or at any point in his career.

juan
    Free Member

Ok I confess I take stuff…
    Most of the time it's ban pagnat, but sometimes I take even more stuff… Like serrano, or saucisson.
    Sorry I will do my mea culpa. I'll try to stop doing it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

pot belge Juan?

juan
    Free Member

Nae more like a mediteranean casserol 😉
    Plus not sure it does help. You've ridden with me twice and you know I am slow

hora
    Free Member

Yes of course. 'Those Yankie Imperialists' who win are all tarred with the same brush.

Do you also believe in UFO abductions of illiterate farm hands?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hora – I am convinced that you are an alien

hora
    Free Member

Hora – why do you post about things you patently have absolutely no idea about?

Why don't the authorities listen to you then, obviously a man in the know.

al_f
    Free Member

HeathenWoods – Member
    Don't forget to swap out your blood before you set off

"What blood for Harlaw?" 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

Why would they need my opinion. There is enough evidence from the regular +ve tests to confirm how widespread it is……

……and how very dare you use my image without my consent 😆

M6TTF
    Free Member

I remember a quote a few years back from a pro cyclist who'd come clean saying if pushed for the truth, 90% of pro riders would admit to using banned performance drugs and the other 10% were just liars…

clubber
    Free Member

I don't really like David Walsh much as I don't think he's really unbiased but this is still a good article and it makes a very good point about the number of "bitter ex-employees"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/cycling/article7133884.ece?token=null&offset=0&page=1

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘TDF winner admitts doping… and implicates Armstrong’ is closed to new replies.