Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • TdF Stage 6 *Spoiler*
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Breakaway have already got over 6.5 minutes on the peloton, with 120km to go.

Looks great for a sprint finish, but are they going to be able to catch the 3 riders? Its a big gap.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

They'll catch them no bother.

spesh
    Free Member

Computer says No !

crazy-legs

They'll catch them. 4.5mins with 87km will be easy.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Gotta love EPSN tele, every stage is shown yey

RealMan
    Free Member

Its easy once you've done it once. I think he's going to be unstoppable now.

Hushovd in 10th?

crazy-legs

That finish got very nervous, a few near misses there. Great result! 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

Awesome! .. I thought they had messed it up but he just came off the back of renshaw like a sling shot.

G'wan Cav.. Manx Hero!

RealMan
    Free Member

Hushovd 118 points, Cav 85. Getting closer and closer.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

That'll close the gap a bit. How many more potential sprint finishes?

scaredypants

Renshaw is bloody quick – I wonder if he's the major factor in all this
    (soz cav fans 😳 )

tomlevell

He's the second most important element.
    Someone else could do his job but he generally (not the other day but it wasn't just his fault) does what he needs to do.

brakes
    Free Member

he's definitely a major factor
    when Renshaw lead out for too long on Wednesday, Cav failed

RealMan
    Free Member

5 flat stages left, and 1 or 2 hilly stages where he could surprise us, but don't hold your breath.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Due to the number of other sprinters getting points this year the battle for the green jersey is far from over. Fly tenner on Cav winning the jersey on the Champs Elysee might not be a bad bet.

maxray
    Free Member

He obviously is a factor as its a team effort to deliver the sprinter to the front to try and win. If he was the best sprinter though they would deliver him to the front to finish but Cav is so explosive.

ac282

On wednesday HTC ran out of riders and left renshaw at the front way too early. He couldn't keep the pace high enough so cav ended up getting jumped by petacchi. Normally renshaw keeps the pace so high that Cav is in control and can decide when to launch his sprint himself

RealMan
    Free Member

This says it all about Renshaw and Cav I think

jonb
    Free Member

I'm wondering if Gerraint T can get in yellow tomorrow. Made a small margin on Cancellara today.

taxi25
    Free Member

I'm wondering if Gerraint T can get in yellow tomorrow. Made a small margin on Cancellara today.

I was thinking the same. Its a tough stage but no killer mountains. Most of the main GC guys will probably be happy to ride together and not give anything away. Might give Gerraint a chance to nip away without anyone being to botherd.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Go G Go G Go G!! would love to see G in yellow!

RealMan
    Free Member

No, I think its going to be a Wiggins day tomorrow. He's done almost nothing so far, its bound to happen soon.

Most of the main GC guys will probably be happy to ride together and not give anything away. Might give Gerraint a chance to nip away without anyone being to botherd.

Assuming Cancellara doesn't come in with the likes of Contador, Armstrong, Shleck and Evans, Gerraint just has to come within 19 seconds of them to wear yellow, so he doesn't have to breakaway at all.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 6 *Spoiler*’ is closed to new replies.