Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • TdF Stage 2 – Sticking To Tradition [Spoilers]
  • cheers_drive

Nice one Cav.
    That looked like a scary last 5km.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

45mph on the run in…

That was immense. They were flying down the last 5kms.

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah, I think they must have had a tailwind.. surely.. please?

warton
    Free Member

head wind in the final 1KM!

RealMan
    Free Member

Sagan in 6th. Only his first ever proper sprint stage, will wait to see what he can do.

mattjg
    Free Member

Awesome.

I wish the telly would use the overhead view for the sprint finishes, it’s much clearer than the head on view which tends to shorten the distances between the riders.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hehehe 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Well well well how about that then superb finish by Cav, still has the power canny lad.

donsimon
    Free Member

Like you’re always going to get a good interview after something like that! 🙄

RealMan
    Free Member

I wish the telly would use the overhead view for the sprint finishes, it’s much clearer than the head on view which tends to shorten the distances between the riders.

I love it when they use a track mounted camera to get a side on view..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc1yeX_7lWM[/video]

Obviously doesn’t show as much as other views, but looks so cool.

AlexSimon

Cav’s position on the bike during the sprint is absolutely superb. I don’t think I’ve even seen another sprinter attempt to get as low as he does!

He seemed to magically go from about 12th to 3rd. That’s the bit I would like a replay of.

brakes
    Free Member

love it when they use a track mounted camera to get a side on view

the side on view of his Champs Elysees win was AMAZING, where he just pops out seemingly from nowhere and is going twice as fast as everyone else. HERO.

mattjg
    Free Member

@RM yeah that rocks

here’s the same moment from last year memorable for another reason (warning soppy dad content)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te-KWXP6txg[/video]

brakes
    Free Member

Cav’s position on the bike during the sprint is absolutely superb

he’s even smaller now so the big wheel suckers will get even less tow

leffeboy

He seemed to magically go from about 12th to 3rd. That’s the bit I would like a replay of.

That – how does he do it. Fabulous win indeed

warton
    Free Member

I think we’re witnessing the career of the greatest sprinter ever. Truly amazing today.

leffeboy

Who was the rider that seemed to pull him up to the last 4? Can’t see much on the web but looked like an Oreca GreenEdge rider – Daniel Lancaster? It really looked like he’d been towed up that far. Beautiful positioning

mauja
    Free Member

I thought in his interview he said he rode on Oscar Freire’s wheel as he knew he was a rider that always moved up towards the front in the final km.

Whichever rider it was Cav does seem to have the knack of picking the right wheel to follow more often than not.

leffeboy

I thought in his interview he said he rode on Oscar Freire’s wheel

That’s what I thought I heard so thanks – but it didn’t look like the right colour of jersey.

One day I’ll need to buy a tv and watch it properly 🙁

IanMunro
    Free Member

Stunning to watch how it did that, esp. without the normal lead out train.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

hes shown before on occasion that he doesnt need a train and he has enough tactical nous to time and position himself to perfection, but given the Sky emphasis on GC I reckon this will be the tour where Cav will have to do this again and again. Should help silence the critics who thought it was all down to the leadout. And in a TV interview he said he suggested he was in it til the the champs elysees.

+1 Realman, that footage of him exploding past an already flying Renshaw is one of my all-time favourite bits of film of any sport.

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s fantastic footage of a fantastic day. Even better video of it here.

jonba
    Free Member

got to prefer this one

silenced all the people saying cav can’t win without a lead out.

weeksy

Had this discussion in Morzine on Sat night… i said he’ll win 5 stages without a leadout 🙂

He’s truely awsome.

RealMan
    Free Member

got to prefer this one

You’ve got a point there, the way he comes past Hushovd is unreal. It’s like everyone else is dragging their brakes or something.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 2 – Sticking To Tradition [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.