Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • TdF Stage 2 *Spoiler*
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Lumpy enough to put off the sprinters?

Hopefully everyone will manage to stay on their bikes today.

soobalias
    Free Member

where is the spoiler?

i want my money back.

aP
    Free Member

No, that's not lumpy at all, really.
    It'll depend if there's a couple of sharp corners in the last 2-3Km for the lead out trains to fall over on.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

557m is quite lumpy! All those classified climbs at the end will mean someone like Friere will be a bit fresher than the other sprinters. If the sprinters do struggle, Cancellara will attack with 2k to go 😀

Surfr
    Free Member

My money is on Jurgen Van Den Broeck to make a break for it. Belgian rider on a Belgian team going for glory on home turf. Well I hope so for the sake of my fantasy tdf team anyway!

Shandy
    Free Member

What was the verdict on Cav's crash yesterday? I watched the overhead video a couple of times and somebody just failed to make the turn, was that him?

Watching the climb into Avoriaz on Sunday, can't wait.

warton
    Free Member

he failed to make the turn, yeah.

I can't believe more hasn't been made of this though, I really like Cav, but I thought his leaning on freire(sp?) was shocking, almost, 'I ain't going to make it, you're not either'

thoughts?

llama

I've got a bet on cav for green overall (ever the optimist). Odds went from evens to 11/8 after yesterdays stage. In the interview on ITV4 he said green was the priority over stage wins. Do you think we will see him on some breakaways? Don't know how else he thinks he will win it!

llama

What was the verdict on Cav's crash yesterday? I watched the overhead video a couple of times and somebody just failed to make the turn, was that him?

looked like it. Getting a bit of a liability. At least he is entertaining.

RealMan
    Free Member

Well I heard from someone that Mark Renshaw had broken his collar bone and was out. Which was a bit weird – he looked pretty fine when he was sprinting for second yesterday. Thought that would've effect Cavs chances a lot, but now I can't seem to find anything on him, did they just get confused between him and someone else?

warton
    Free Member

Renshaws not out, but another one of the HTC boys is, adam someone?

crazy-legs

He wasn't the only one to go into the turn too fast, it wasn't really anyone's "fault" as such, it was just a racing incident. It's not like he deliberately caused it or anything.

What was worse was the way that HTC sat up as soon as they realised they'd lost Cav and it went from being a long drawn out train to a great big wide bunch in about 2 seconds flat. Recipe for disaster that one.

Today's stage should be quite interesting unless all the favourites decide to save their legs for the cobbles tomorrow where it *will* be total carnage. Cancellara for the stage win tomorrow. For today – I'd go with some Belgian all-rounder or an experienced Classics rider (maybe even Hincapie – shot from left field there).

The HTC rider who is out is Adam Hansen, he dislocated his collarbone yesterday (and still rode in to finish, hardcore!)

Shandy
    Free Member

The Tour de Suiise crash was strange, he went past another guy on his left and cut across the front of him with room to spare, he must have thought that he could carry that momentum to take him in front of Haussler. Unfortunately Haussler was much closer to Cav's pace and was holding his line with his head down and never saw Cavendish coming.

That one yesterday looked like really terrible bike handling, or some form of tantrum.

warton
    Free Member

Chavanel is in a break away, he's got the legs to stay away all day, and he loves these roads, could be an interesting day

uplink
    Free Member

I can't believe more hasn't been made of this though, I really like Cav, but I thought his leaning on freire(sp?) was shocking, almost, 'I ain't going to make it, you're not either'

Once he was heading left rather than right, I don't think he had any choice in the matter

Shandy
    Free Member

I wish Eurosport would just stream the **** thing on their website.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

where can we watch it online? i've tried cyclingfans.com …

Shandy
    Free Member

For Cavendish yesterday, do you reckon he got too caught up in his position relative to the riders around him and let the corner "sneak up" on him a bit?

glenh
    Free Member

I wish Eurosport would just stream the **** thing on their website.

They do if you pay for it 😉

Surfr
    Free Member

I took a punt (fantasy tdf) on Jurgen Van Den Broeck to be the Belgian of the day but he didn't make the break. 2 team mates did though.

uplink
    Free Member

where can we watch it online? i've tried cyclingfans.com …

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=155882

Cavendish's brain fades at around 35 mins in

Bream
    Free Member

Edited as obviously there is lots of web stream sites and I didn't look hard enough, now enjoying the live streaming on http://www.fromsport.com/v-0/0/148/v-14923.html

RealMan
    Free Member

justin.tv

ustream.tv

steephill.tv

itv.com/watchitv/

RealMan
    Free Member

Bream you are aware that is the highlights from yesterday right?

Bream
    Free Member

Penny just dropped 😥

RealMan
    Free Member

Starting to rain in Spa. Looking likely to have more crashes.

bassspine
    Free Member

http://www.letour.fr/indexus.html
    love their little animated legs

speaker2animals

I don't like Cav but do admire his ability. However I do wonder now whether he is getting so desperate for a win that he's just getting a bit "out of shape" when sprinting. The new Abdoujapourov? Really can't see him winning green this year, think he will be too desperate to get a first win. As much as he claims he knows what he needs to do to win Green (not just win sprints) I think his instinct too win is still greater than his maturity and ability to use his head. Thor showed last year that you can win the Green jersey without winning 6 or so stages.

We'll see.

164 out of 1600+ on Road.CC TdF fantasy league. I'm quite impressed.

allthepies
    Free Member

PMSL @ Bream 😆

epicyclo

Did Cancellera get his new batteries in time?

cullen-bay
    Free Member

no epicyclo- he'll be using them tomorrow on the cobbles….

crazy-legs

All getting a bit messy again, a few falls on the wet roads…

RealMan
    Free Member

Andy Schleck crashed? Now on a team mates bike.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Can someone give me a brief rundown of the last 5 minutes. Missed it due to dropping kids off at the pool.

speaker2animals

Thought Andy had broken his collar bone how he was holding himself at the side of the road, but seems to be going reasonable now.

Tomorrow will be real fun if the rain continues.

wwaswas

it's carnage out there today…

RealMan
    Free Member

http://gaps.letour.fr/us.html

Look at the live comments for the last few minutes jimmyshands.

Anyone know where Frank is?

wwaswas

Downed camera moto caused the crash involving Andy Schleck according to Radio Monte Carlo

RealMan
    Free Member

Frank and Andy are together, 4 minutes behind everyone else apparently.

What are the rules on slipstreaming cars and motorbikes?

warton
    Free Member

Wiggins in with Contador and Armstrong, haven't seen Cav yet, in the first peleton? there's a few HTC boys in there

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 2 *Spoiler*’ is closed to new replies.