Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • TdF Stage 16 *Spoiler*
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Both Wiggins and Armstrong in a breakaway? Fantastic. I had this pegged for being a brilliant stage.

trout
    Free Member

Jeez this is shaping up to be one hell of a day
    I have loads to do but cant drag my self away from the telly

warton
    Free Member

three scenarios

1. Wiggins and Armstrong have been bluffing and are going to tear it up today

2. They've sided with Schleck and are going to put Astana under a lot of pressure

3. The most likely one, the actions of two very desperate men, it will amount to nothing

RealMan
    Free Member

Armstrong and Wiggins with almost a minute on Contador and Shleck..

I think they might be going after the stage win.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

clubber
    Free Member

If Wiggins and Armstrong are clever, they'll get away but manage the gap so that they're not really threatening the top few riders so they're left to get on with it.

Wiggo gets time and a top 10 position, Armstrong for the win (since he's way out of it on the GC).

Or quite likely, a team protecting a rider in 10th place will start to organise a chase…

yossarian
    Free Member

i hope schleck comes out with fire in his legs today and gives contador a real examination – of the cycling type I mean 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Not the geetee/dave type then

clubber
    Free Member

Hmmm. quite a big group out front actually and a lot of pretty decent riders – Vino's in there for a start and he's climbing much better than Wiggins or Armstrong though in theory he should be there to help AC if/when they catch them up. Then add in Sastre and Kreuzinger…

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/cycling/livematch/381093.html

Could be a good move to put the pressure on Astana though.

glenh
    Free Member

Armstrong has not been bluffing.
    He's not been trying – in order to save energy for today. He gets my vote for the stage today.

glenh
    Free Member

That said, the gap is coming down now (probably to many GC threats in that group), so maybe they won't be able to stay away.

glenh
    Free Member

The break is back in – and now Armstrong goes on his own! I did think he would try today.

RealMan
    Free Member

Armstrong will hang around with Casar for a bit, have a little chat about the weather etc., then go on a lone breakaway, finish 45 minutes before everyone else, and be in yellow.

You heard it here first.

one-eyed_jim
    Free Member

At long last, a little bit of panache from the Texan. I didn't think he had it in him. I don't know if he'll stay away, but I'll enjoy watching him try!

Remember when Pantani did this in 2000 and Armstrong called him "a little shit-stirrer" at the post-stage press conference?

😆

colnagokid

Lance alone at 1 58, Cunego & Fedrego on their way up to him.

cupra
    Free Member

RealMan – that would be so good, unlikely unfortunately.

RealMan
    Free Member

then go on a lone breakaway,

That's the first part done. Now watch the gap explode.

trail_rat
    Free Member

3.40 up in a 9man break away….

show all dem haterz 😉

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Fromsport not working any other free live streams?

crazy-legs

I normally stay away from these threads so I can watch it later on but Brad's father in law has just wandered into the office and told everyone about the initial breakaway so I thought I'd have a look!

Go Lance! 🙂

crazy-legs

A mildly amusing blog here:
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog/blazin-saddles/article/849/

on yesterdays goings on and a few "predictions" about today

tom84
    Free Member

please forgive me if this has been done to death but i heard contador issued a youtube apology and i can't find it, neither does 'contador apology' work in the search box here! a little help please?

x

RealMan
    Free Member
    donsimon
    Free Member

All that work for nothing! 😥

RealMan
    Free Member

What a catch, what a finish. I thought for a second lance might actually do it..

oldgit
    Free Member

What the score then? every Tom Dick and Harry that's been in has gone on about Lance. And I'm riding all evening.
    Any change in the GC?
    Stage winner?

Stu

1636: Here's the top three for today's stage too. No fairytale finish for Lance Armstrong… well, not today anyhow. He actually finished sixth in the end:

1. Pierrick Fedrigo Fra/Bbox (5hrs 31mins 43s)
    2. Sandy Casar Fra/FDJ same time
    3. Ruben Plaza Sp/Caisse d Epargne same time
    4. Damiano Cunego Ita/Lampre same time
    5. Chris Horner US/RadioShack same time
    6. Lance Armstrong US/RadioShack same time

Yellow jersey
    1629: There is no change to the top 10 of the General Classification after today's stage… which obviously means the top three stays like this:

1. Alberto Contador

2. Andy Schleck @ 8 sec

3. Sam Sanchez @ 2 min

RealMan
    Free Member

25th ARMSTRONG Lance + 33' 46"

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 16 *Spoiler*’ is closed to new replies.