Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • TdF Stage 10 Thread (possible spoiler)
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

Couldn’t see one, so here goes…

The word from riders on Twitter is there is a chance of a ‘bunch kick’. I’ve no idea what that is, but it sounds exciting

MartinGT
    Free Member

Its either going to be Big Phil for me or Cav if he really wants it, although for HTC to pull for two big days (Goss tomorrow) its tough going, but if Cav wants green, well, thats what you Gotta do!

OR

Is it going to be a day for the break? Astana need something now Vino has gone, Quickstep have had a poor showing? Gee Thomas? EBH?

warton
    Free Member

bunch kick = bunch sprint.

needs to be a very good day for Cavendish if he wants the Green jersey

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don’t forget to add “Possible Spoiler” to the thread title 🙂

**** that looks hard…and they’re not even in the mountains proper like.

binners

Oh dear. There’s going to be trouble now…..

*sits back and awaits ‘his’ arrival*

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Breakaway to try and get away on the cat 4 climb at the end only to be pulled back in with 2km to go and for Cav to win as usual.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

For christ’s sake, it’s nearly midday – if he’s going to try and “own” the thread, then he needs to get up a little earlier. 🙂

yesiamtom
    Free Member

Does anyone have a good live stream link? Preferabbly in HD!

warton
    Free Member

MartinGT, why would Goss be going for tomorrows sprint? Cav will be contending both days IMO

brakes
    Free Member

so who’s dropped out after Sunday’s carnagival?

Junkyard
    Free Member

what DD says feckless students living of our taxes …..why cant he get a job and post early on stw , from work, like what proper honest decent hardworking folk do

MartinGT
    Free Member

Warton

I read soemwhere, cant remeber where that Goss has been marked down for tomorrows stage.

Will try and find.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I want Goss to win a sprint against a youngster and then sing “Drop The Boy” 🙂

MartinGT
    Free Member

yesiamtom have a look on Steephill.tv 😉

yesiamtom
    Free Member

cheers martingt

LapSteel
    Free Member

or here

Le Tour

warton
    Free Member

Interesting, but I really can’t saee it happening if cav wins today. If Cav doesn’t do anything and gilbert wins today I can see Goss getting a look in, as Cav will be finished for the green

MartinGT
    Free Member

I cant seem to find it atm.

Interesting like you say, why would they stop their chances of taking green?

epicsteve
    Free Member

I reckon Cav for the intermediate sprint and Gilbert for the stage win if there isn’t a breakaway that makes it to the end.

molgrips
    Free Member

I see both the sprint and the finish are reasonably downhill – anyone know how twisty or tight they are?

MartinGT
    Free Member

Its been great how OPL have handled the Greipal and Gilbert situation. Now that VDB is out, they can concentrate on the remaining sprints.

Apparently its rainig again, could be interesting, the GC riders asses will be twitching!

Last few KM

IdleJon

Cav’s not going to be anywhere near the front after those hills. He’s probably off the back already.

It’s going to be Gilbert to win. (I’m going to name Gilbert for every win that’s not a TT or mountain stage!)

It looks like a day for a classics rider not a pure sprinter so maybe to cover myself I’ll add in Thor or Cancellara if it isn’t a breakaway.

Maybe Millar.

Probably a random breakaway, they’ll gain 13minutes and Tommy’s team won’t be strong enough to reel them back in. He’ll lose yellow and a neo-pro nobody’s ever heard of will hold it until Thursday.

Or maybe Cav will remember how to climb (because he claims to be able…) and win the bunch sprint.

Or perhaps half the peoloton will fall into a ravine, Cancellara will slow everybody down, and they’ll ride into the finish in a strop, nobody racing.

It’s one of those days. Gilbert!

jonba
    Free Member

Geraint puts tour videos on his site. He was talking yesterday of wanting to get in a break. THis looks like the kind of stage where you could make it stick.

With no final kms in the OP (shoddy work) it’s hard to tell whether it’ll be an out and out sprinters stage or one for the likes of Gilbert. I think it might be a bit lumpy for HTC to get it together for Cav.

brakes
    Free Member

Contador to be eaten by a feral cow just outside Saint Remy

IdleJon

Voeckler’s new Colnago.

I like Colnagos.

Hmmm, not worked?

TimP
    Free Member

MartinGT
    Free Member

Sexeh

MartinGT
    Free Member

Crash already with Fab, gesink and LL down 🙁

headfirst
    Free Member

I agree completely with IdleJon’s predictions.

In other words anything could happen today.

MartinGT
    Free Member

We have a break @ approx 1m 🙂

Di Gregorio (Astana), Minard (AG2R), Vichot (FDJ), El Perez (Cofidis), Marcato (Vacansoleil) and Delaplace (Saur Sojasun)

MartinGT
    Free Member

Basically thats messed the intermediate sprint up for HTC

/edit realised I messed up lol

wors

i’d like to see Geraint Thomas give it a go in the early mountain stages, he’s only a few minutes down.

MartinGT
    Free Member

Will be interesting to see Rabbo’s reaction if he does go for it 🙂

COME ON G!!!!

MartinGT
    Free Member

HTC On the front already…………..

RealMan
    Free Member

Shouldn’t that be “His”?

Morning all. Tough today to call here, already had a crash as well it sounds. Bloody French putting the sprint in early, I missed it. I want to say Cav for the win, think he’ll be hungry for it. I don’t think the breakaway will stay away.

MartinGT
    Free Member

Im with you RealMan. Espec now their on the front pulling back already. 51.5kmh avg!!!!

Haze

Done before but worth a repost…

http://data.srmlive.de/TDF/

Sat in the office with a live feed on the laptop and the srm on the desktop. I really should be getting some work done.

thebunk

Why are the mechanics so massive? They always look knackered after changing a wheel and giving their man a desultory push…

RealMan
    Free Member

How did that guy lose his shoe…?

crazy-legs

I love that live SRM feed. they’re doing 50+kph and putting out about 300 watts (OK, not that much by their standards) and the HR? Oh, around about 120bpm.
    In other words, barely trying. 😯 (Yes, they’re going slightly downhill but still…)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 10 Thread (possible spoiler)’ is closed to new replies.