Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • TdF Stage 1 [Possible Spoiler Content]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

There’s too many I think that could have a chance at this, and a lot more want it. I don’t want to completely rule out Cav either. Riders start in about 10 minutes.

soobalias
    Free Member

is it sunny?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No prologue this year? Ah what; I always enjoy the prologue. Loved it when it was here in That London a few years ago. Fantastic atmosphere, great spectacle.

Why they not do the prologue?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Reckon Cav will have a crack at the intermediate sprint.

crazy-legs

Why they not do the prologue?

They’ve mixed it up for a while now, sometimes had a road stage first, sometimes the prologue. Bit of variety.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well I don’t like it. I think they should start with the individual TT as the prologue. It’s a great way for loads of people to enjoy the Tour in a smallish area, and have a bit of a party too.

RealMan
    Free Member

It has been a kind of tradition since 1967 that the Tour starts with a prologue. But, as in 2008, we will start with a road stage. We wanted to shake up the teams’ plans a little bit and change the way they operate. Only 10 riders can realistically contend for victory in a prologue. But each one of the 198 riders could win this stage and pull on the yellow jersey.

Sunshine today! And 22°C to 15°C – sounds wonderful!

I like the prologue too, there’s more then enough flat stages to keep me entertained.

RealMan
    Free Member

First crash of the tour already 😯

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Reckon Cav will have a crack at the intermediate sprint.

I think he only bothers with stage wins.

crazy-legs

I think he only bothers with stage wins.

Changes to the way the points are allocated means he’s going to HAVE to go for intermediate sprints or he’ll never get anywhere near the green jersey.

RealMan
    Free Member

The police seized and searched the Quick Step team bus, but according to team manager Wilfried Peeters, it was just a normal control.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bmc-soigneur-implicated-in-drug-investigation

crazy-legs

Ouch, another big stack! Who was that, Van de Walle was in there I’m sure…

j_me
    Free Member

Jeez that street furniture looks well dodgy”…”…….

Ouch

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I always thought the Prologue served a specific purpose – it gave every single rider a different time.
    The race will start tomorrow with well over 100 riders sharing exactly the same time.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Shibboleth – Member
    I always thought the Prologue served a specific purpose – it gave every single rider a different time.
    The race will start tomorrow with well over 100 riders sharing exactly the same time.
    POSTED 19 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

The prologue didn’t even count towards the time in years gone by. It’s still a great spectacle though.

crazy-legs

But that’s what makes it exciting. Pretty much anyone could win this stage, it’s not a pure sprinters stage, it’s not one for the climbers, it could literally be anyone.

The TTT tomorrow will sort out all the times properly. 37km to go and the break is at 1’30” so that’ll be pulled back, it’s going to be interesting at the finish.

warton
    Free Member

I don’t understand Cavs thinking today TBH. He isn’t going to be anyway near the front at the end of todays stage, so why not use the HTC train for the intermediate sprint? if he loses the green jersey by 10 points he’ll kick himself

rOcKeTdOg

Should be an interesting finish

Haze

Cav has said he’s won on worse but been dropped on less, let’s see…

warton
    Free Member

Haze, I was under the impression, and I think Matt Goss is too, that stages like todays are his to contest, flat stages are Cavendish’s

crazy-legs

OOOOHHH! Big stack – some muppet spectator hanging too far into the road.

Edit: Christ it’s carnage, blown the peloton to pieces. 🙁

wingnuts

Woolly what a crash! Big split for some of the big names to make up

Haze

Sounds about right Warton, just passing on what the man himself has said!

crazy-legs

Bloody hell it’s getting nervous down there, they’re absolutely motoring! Some really near misses around that roundabout too.

They’re doing about 55kph!

wingnuts

Contador lost 34 seconds. A lot of time at this stage.

j_me
    Free Member

Contador was in the stack?

crazy-legs

Yeah, his number is all ripped so he obviously came down. Big ripple effect right across the peloton.

He’s currently in a group about 35 seconds down.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Another crash!

j_me
    Free Member

Yep another.

wingnuts

Caught behind and now out to 40 seconds. Another crash to the second group. I reckon Gilbert.

crazy-legs

Geraint Thomas is still in that front group! Another big crash though – total carnge!

Haze

Gilbert.

Brilliant finish.

mrmo
    Free Member

impressive.

crazy-legs

Contador loses 1’20”.
    Great ride by Geraint Thomas – if Sky win the TTT tomorrow as they’re favourite to do, it’ll be G in yellow.

What a great last 10km. 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Brilliant attack and death from spartacus.

Third place to Hushovd apparently.

tollah
    Free Member

Great weather out here for the Tour today 😉 didn’t get many of the riders today, looking to get them tomorrow in the TTT

Clicky for more

by sheldonattwood, on Flickr

scaredypants

wtf was going on with cancellara? – he can’t have blown up in that distance, surely

looked like he was scared of losing out to gilbert and didn’t want to drag him further away just to get trashed on the run in

(should’ve turned the motor on 🙄 )

rusty90
    Free Member

if Sky win the TTT tomorrow as they’re favourite to do, it’ll be G in yellow

Geraint Thomas in the crys melyn ? The Western Mail will go barmy !

crazy-legs

Highlights just starting on ITV4 now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 1 [Possible Spoiler Content]’ is closed to new replies.