Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • TdF Jans Voigt – What did it ?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

"Wtf use would offroad experience offer in terms of descending on the contact patch akin to the edge of a 50p piece at 50mph?"

Depends where you are on the hill, but your get a surprising amount of grip as the tyres get very grippy from heating up under braking.

I only start hanging on above 55mph on a road bike, its not that scary, but I guess it just depends how much you like speed.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I was impressed by the other guys in the group bunny hopping that roundabout kerb doing 40mph+.

Don't forget they'd being going downhill for a while and he'd just cycled 100+ miles that day (plus 2000 other miles), so the guys gonna be knackered, tired arms/hands.

Hope he gets better anyway.

anagallis_arvensis

FunkyDunc off road experience is **** all help on fast alpine descents, but then as you "only start hanging on above 55mph" you would know that right? 55mph is offically **** fast in my book and I have done a fair amount of road riding.

PJ266
    Free Member

I read something about "head trauma" for jens today, i wonder if thats linked to that idea that was mentioned in a thread the other day, about the helmets that have two shells allowing the inner one to slide around?

bobbyspangles

'55mph' hahaha, whateva treva!
    i find the bike handling skills i practice off road are useful on a road ride-pushing the bike through the corners and head up observations are all useful tools.
    but watching the riders descend yesterday, i was pretty amazed by the fluidity of their control-it made me want to ride more

aracer
    Free Member

Some of those guys are so incompetent at descending – almost as bad as Cav is at climbing 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘TdF Jans Voigt – What did it ?’ is closed to new replies.