Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)
  • TDF – I Dont think Cav had a good day yesterday ANGRY CAV
  • slowuphill
    Free Member

you want some video of angry Cavendish from yesterdays stage?

[/url]

IN ORDER
    1. The story of today's stage
    2. Angry Cav
    3. Final kilometre
    4. Petacchi (Italian)
    5. Hushovd (English)
    6. Cancellara (German)
    7. Geraint Thomas (English)
    8. Riis (English)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I don't think Cav is going to win the green jersey this year! My gut instinct tells me he doesnt' have the killer driver like Hushovd does (who I think is quite sexy in an odd way). Without getting into a Cav personality debate it's a shame as he is such a good sprinter! I also think he'll quit the tour when they hit the Pyrenees as he's a bit "all or nothing" and since it's looking like a "nothing" he'll go.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

working link (hopefully)

Ha ha. I particularly like the bit where he throws his helmet out of the bus door (not).

What an insult to people who actually have to pay for their cycling kit.

ditch_jockey

Nope, not feeling insulted in the slightest.

To be honest, I'd rather we had a few more sports men and women who got angry and showed it when they don't succeed at the very highest level, rather than the bland also-rans that seem to comprise the vast majority of our representatives in various sports.

wwaswas

What an insult to people who actually have to pay for their cycling kit.

really? I don't feel insulted.

He's clearly passionate about what he does and was angry he had failed. It may be a bit immature but he's only young.

slowuphill
    Free Member

Ditch_jockey… thats why I like CAV, he may have a attitude but that attitude makes him a winner.

eckinspain
    Free Member

He's a sulky little child isn't he!!

Can't see him even winning a stage based on yesterday's performance. Didn't seem to have anything left in the tank to win it.

finbar
    Free Member

Did anyone read bikesnobnyc today? Not sure where else to put this but it's great:

"So for Jens Voigt fans, hearing him complain about some pavé is surely like going to see Shakespeare in the Park only for the guy playing Hamlet to announce, "It's too damn hot for this shit, you can all go **** yourselves."

uplink
    Free Member

Petulant brat

rOcKeTdOg

What an insult to people who actually have to pay for their cycling kit

seriously? is this what you think? *shakes head*

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Don't get me wrong, I quite like Cav really and "his" book is a good read, but that stunt was petulant and childish.

And regards being insulting, what if you were a kid watching that who's worked hard doing your paper round or whatever for weeks in order to save up for your £150 helmet, then you see a pro just chuck his on the ground – I don't think it sets the right tone.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

seriously? is this what you think? *shakes head*

Yes

clubber
    Free Member

I think you're trying very hard to feel insulted…

That's Cav isn't it. When he's on form, that's part of what makes him so quick. When he's off form like now, it makes him look childish but frankly who's perfect…

rOcKeTdOg

it's no worse than footballers in the world cup faking injury to get someone sent off and kids take a ;lot more notice of footy than they do cycling i'm sure….in fact it's not even in the same league, Cav gets angry because he wants to win, it's not cheating, lets hope he puts that anger to good use in todays stage

warton
    Free Member

please, someone just think of the children.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I think a professional sportsman who knows there are cameras around should be able to act like a grown up. I'm not insulted to the point where I'm going to write letters in green ink, but like I said, for a person in his position it is poor form and he could/should do better.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

please, someone just think of the children.

Please someone, just think of a better cliche

njee20
    Free Member

I think that's very odd.

There's always riders 'disposing' of their equipment like that! Millar threw his bike over the barriers a couple of years back, Bradley Wiggins chucked his wheel off the side of the road, even Chavanel just dropped his bike the other day when changing for the 48th time.

I like Cav's passion, it's a bit childish, he didn't perform, no one else to blame, but it's not remotely 'insulting' to people who buy their kit! Anyway you don't really seem to mean insulting, more that it's a bad example, in which case there are still other better examples. Tom Steeles throwing his waterbottle at someone in the sprint Robbie McEwan(?) headbutting someone. Cadel Evans.

warton
    Free Member

Please someone, just think of a better cliche

Sorry but it was you who used the cliche "think of the young lad on a paper round" so yeah, please think of a better cliche.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

but it's not remotely 'insulting' to people who buy their kit!

I think it is.

So there we are, you don't, I do.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Edit – hang on, I'm thinking about my correct use of English

njee20
    Free Member

Why is it insulting? You've given examples of it being a bad example, how is that an insult? I just can't see why anyone would be insulted. Think he's a ……, maybe, but not be insulted!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I'm no Cav fan, but I think throwing your helmet (oo-err missus) is quite acceptable after his performance yesterday. He really really wants to win and didn't, better to throw a helmet than do something stupid in the sprint today

scaredypants

saw an interview with (I think) rob mcewen/an straight after the race, and also one with hushovd just a little while after

both talked openly & sensibly about the whole thing – RM how he was hurting and just didn't have the power, TH about how he & cav found themselves at the front too soon & couldn't go again

weird, it was like watching grown-ups

oldgit
    Free Member

I'd still make him go to bed with no tea.

njee20
    Free Member

He certainly won't win today then!

oldgit
    Free Member

Who was his lead out man yesterday? he gave all he could, but I thought some of Cavs anger was directed at him…..poor sod.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Why is it insulting?

I thought I'd explained why I think that?

Maybe contemptuous is a better word? I just don't think it's right to trash stuff on purpose, particularly in full view of people who might not be able to afford the stuff you are trashing.

warton
    Free Member

has anyone heard Cavs interview after yesterday? calm, relaxed, thanked his team, said they did a great job, congratulated the winner, just said he didn't have it. totally reasonable.

BigJohn

What I don't understand is that if he's lost his lead out men (and the HTC team is a bit light on them this year) why doesn't he just sit on Thor's wheel instead?

Marge
    Free Member

You can't be such a prolofic winner without emotion in your body to drive you forward, be that in training or during a race. Sometimes that oveflows…

So are you all learning Flemish now? da's wel tof

molgrips
    Free Member

Cav seemed pretty gracious in apologising to his team for not bringing their effort home. He's always bigged up his performances as team efforts, which is good.

To be honest, I get very angry when I f*ck up, especially when it's wasted other people's efforts, and I have been known to throw a bike from time to time.

I'm not petulant or childish tho.

molgrips
    Free Member

What I don't understand is that if he's lost his lead out men (and the HTC team is a bit light on them this year) why doesn't he just sit on Thor's wheel instead?

Thor doesn't want to let him sit there?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I'm sure he was calm and reasonable later on. But he still needs to control his petulance when things aren't going so good.

cupra
    Free Member

Insulted – no, bad reflection on him and his sponsors – yes, redemmed himself in the interview but how many people will have seen that?

ditch_jockey

Just out of interest, I once threw my Turner 5 Spot into the heather when I was knackered at the close of an unexpectedly long ride, after catching my front wheel for the umpteenth time on rocks I'd normally negotiate without a moments thought – is that insulting to people who have to buy their kit too?

My wife did suggest that I bring along one of the little square tables from IKEA next time, as that is my favoured target for frustrations when I'm at home – I think the count is 3 so far.

slowuphill
    Free Member

Cadel Evans no there is a rider that i feel insulted just to look at

molgrips
    Free Member

Petulant would be bitching at a person. Taking it out on inanimate objects such as your kit is not great but not petulant either I reckon.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

rightplacerighttime – Member

but it's not remotely 'insulting' to people who buy their kit!

I think it is.

So there we are, you all don't, I do.

Fixed it for you.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

is that insulting to people who have to buy their kit too?

Depends. Was there a crowd of onlookers and a TV crew?

But on the IKEA table front, I would suggest that on the spectrum of self control, you are not in the middle.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘TDF – I Dont think Cav had a good day yesterday ANGRY CAV’ is closed to new replies.