Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Tattoo FAIL
  • BlingBling
    Free Member

Taken from F365 :mrgreen:

Why?? 😯

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Some of those are fakes, by the way, and they are all a bit old by now!
    🙂

BlingBling
    Free Member

The Noel Gallagher one must be real 😉

adlyhobart
    Free Member

THANKS! i just spat muesli all over my monitor!

BlingBling
    Free Member

😮

ski
    Free Member

My favourite fail so far:

user-removed
    Free Member

I really like the pacman one – wouldn't encourage the wife to get it done though…..

tragically1969
    Free Member

What failed their photoshop class ?

retro83
    Free Member

google Mr Cool Ice

BlingBling
    Free Member

Ski, that's the girl that claimed she fell asleep and only wanted one star right?

Only "I'm Awsome" is a possible shop.

Mr Cool Ice was too cool for this thread.

woffle
    Free Member

Just to even things up – contrast those attempts ^^ (that aren't potato-chopped) to the fine work by Yann:

ski
    Free Member

BlingBling – Member

Ski, that's the girl that claimed she fell asleep and only wanted one star right?

Story here BB:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8104645.stm

BigDummy
    Free Member

Chaps, don't laugh. Each of those tattoos has special meaning for the person who has it, and reflects important memories of how their lives were at the time they got half a dragon done on their fat back before running out of money had them done.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

to the fine work by Yann

Graphically it looks interesting, but to have it on your body…

Not having a tattoo – probably the best decision I ever made. When I was younger I was determined to get an 'Eddie' (character from Iron Maiden) tat done but my father talked me out of it and for that I am eternally grateful 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Meet John Westwood as painted by Karl Rudziak for his entry in the BP National Portrait awards (currently at the National Portrait Gallery and well worth visiting. It's free)

I gather he favours Portsmouth for the cup… 🙄

and in real life

woffle
    Free Member

BP National Portrait is usually absolutely fantastic…

Stoner
    Free Member

this year there seems to be an extraordinary movement for super-realism.

One picture I had to almost put my nose on the canvas to see the brush strokes to prove to myself it wasnt a photograph!

Its really good this year.

The winner, whilst not the best technical painting, is definitely top 3 portrait to capture the subject.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

One of my favourite quotes I read in an article a while back –

"Tattoos: stupid people's way of telling you they're stupid without you having to speak to them"

Genius.

(Oh and I don't care if some of those are fake – they're still brilliant!)

CountZero

As someone who has a number of tattoos, I tend to notice other people's art from a critical, technical point of view, rather than whatever significance it might have, and I have to say there are some absolute shockers there. Some may be fakes, but I see enough real ones that are as bad. I designed my own, and none are pictures, I'm not that dumb, and not flush enough for a real artist to do any work.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

"Tattoos: stupid people's way of telling you they're stupid without you having to speak to them"

Genius.

pious holier than thou posting on an internet forum: – person without tattoo's way of telling you how much of a boring judgemental f@rt they are.

samuri
    Free Member

well to expand on that. I'm happy for people to get as many tat's as they like. Go for it and good luck to you. I know a number of extremely intelligent people who have tats.

On the other side I look at tattoo's as a bit silly because invariably the subject of the tat, lets say darth vader, will *never* be the focus of that individual's attention for the rest of their life. They may be into darth or singlespeeding or shagging turtles right now but you can guarantee in twenty years time the case will not hold.

so I reckon the best you can do is keep getting tats your entire life once you've started, yes it's stockport county today (and i've met a man with S.C.F.C tattooed on his forehead), but always leave your options open for new pursuits, like sex cats freeing cuthbert.

alpin
    Free Member

i used to work with a bloke who tattooed 'SKINS' onto his forehead whilst in a young offenders institute. he done it himself in the mirror but got the last 'S' the wrong way round. he started tattooing the left hand side of his forehead first (the right as you look at him) and got as far as the first 'S' and half a 'K'. so his head reads "SKIN2" (the '2' being an 'S' in this case)

infact he had another on his knee, again DIY. he sat there and tattooed "skinhead" across the inside of his knee. when he stood up the "skinhead" curved round his knee.

an aquaintence had the lyrics of some song he liked tattooed along his forearm. everyone said "don't!" but he done it anyway. each time he goes into the pub someone will ask "what's that mean then?". he now wears a bandage over his arm.

chopperT
    Free Member

I have one of these. I figured I should beat the rush, and if I had my own, the the man couldn't rightly put another on me.

(Runs off to don tin foil hat)

Stoner
    Free Member

You're barcoded as a Belgian Coca-Cola product Chopper?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

MountainMonkey – Member

Genius.

(Oh and I don't care if some of those are fake – they're still brilliant!)

The difference between tattooed people and non-tattoed people is that tattoed people don't care if you're not tattooed………

Well said Peter Poddy.

Google the tattoo work of Dalmiro (my favourite tattoo artist). It's awesome.

I waited until I was 40 to get my first one done and all my tattoos have a BMX/bikes and family theme which I don't think I will ever lose interest in or love for.

trailmonkey

Regret having mine done.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Oh dear, come on guys – have a sense of humour! I don't honestly think people that have tattoos are stupid (I'm not that stupid!) I just thought it was funny, and kind of liked what a stuck-up, right-wing, nancy-boy the journalist was to make such a ridiculous generalisation.

I know plenty of very intelligent (and lovely) people with tattoos, some of which are really good (some not so!). Anyway, I'm sorry if I offended people – I just thought whichever way you looked at it, it was a funny quote… obviously wrong!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Saying you love everyone and hate no one on the planet will still upset people on here!
    Don't try and win, just keep it real! 😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

I cant believe i just said keep it real *hangs head in shame*

DezB
    Free Member

That's going to be the catchphrase on Saturday now 🙂

Spaceman
    Free Member

After Stoner's post I bet I wasn't the only one who googled 5449000000996 to see if it actually was a Belgian coca cola product (It is!)

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I've got loads, and a shaven head. OH NO! I'm a stereotype.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Note to self – 'keep it real' 8)

I like monkeys I don't like (most!) Americans – is that better? 🙂

compositepro
    Free Member

anyone been to failblog.org

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spaceman – Member
    After Stoner's post I bet I wasn't the only one who googled 5449000000996 to see if it actually was a Belgian coca cola product (It is!)

I bet you were the ONLY person to do that!

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I've got loads of ink, all black. I also have a shaved head and it means I get viewed as a Neanderthal which I enjoy. It's a perverse pleasure.

odannyboy
    Free Member

slightly seperate question, but how do people become tatoo artists?
    do you start as a tatoo fan and then get into doing them on people or start as an artist who does pictures then move on to doing them on peoples
    bodies?
    are there any tatooists out there who do them but have none on there bodies?
    always amazes me how people get straight lines on ( moveable ) skin??

Stoner
    Free Member

do they practice on pigs' cadavers like Rocky?

roper
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Tattoo FAIL’ is closed to new replies.