Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Target rifle shooting
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

Since Singletrack is the fount of knowledge on all things obscure I wondered if anyone had a spare stock for an Anschutz Match 54 (wood or metal if cheap enough).

ninfan
    Free Member

Jebus, that’s specific.

Tried Guns for sale?

If that doesn’t work, try Andy at Allwood stocks and mouldings.

rusty90
    Free Member

Try asking in the firearms section of AirgunBBS. (You’ll need to join first though)

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll try AirgunBBS. I think Andy Allwood just does reloading these days.

Hadge
    Free Member

If your German is any good try their version of eBay for selling guns. Some sellers will post and there’s some fantastic stuff to pick up on there.

willard

Guntrader might be a good bet too.

Failing that, there are a lot of people that knock around Bisley at shoot weekends. You could try them maybe? Or the gunsmiths that live in Bisley.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I should have been going to Bisley this weekend but my car is playing up. I fancy a metal stock but they start at around £1800 which given that the original rifle only cost £150 is a bit overkill i think.
    Unfortunately is an ex club rifle and the stock has a crack in it which is proving difficult to repair.

chewkw
    Free Member

You need a Daewoo K-2 … 😛

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

A bit more rough shooting orientated but there’s some knowledgeable folk over on Pigeon Watch.

Guntrader might be worth a punt? I’ve had a couple of stocks off Staffs Synthetic Stocks, they do custom stuff so may be able to knock you something up if you struggle to find anything.

ninfan
    Free Member

Ah, Bisley – is there another place capable of sucking that much fun out of shooting?

Saying that, if you ever get a chance to shoot the running boar or deer at the BSRC, leap at the chance, and take plenty of ammo.

Now, I reckon the Norgies have fun shooting nailed:

[video]http://youtu.be/l8mc1O-aB24[/video]

ourmaninthenorth

Crikey ninfan! Never mind the safety aspects of leaping around with loaded weapons pointing at your face, what the hell are they all wearing?!!! 😯

Offroading
    Free Member

Rockhopper

Are you in/ near Edinburgh by chance ?

ninfan
    Free Member

This ones even better – rapid fire competition followed up by Felthurtig (the three target standing start shoot above)

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/landsskytterstevnet

Imagine the heart attacks the old guard at Bisley would have with crowds in stands cheering and waving banners, and the whole thing on TV 😀

grey

I did a deer society shoot once, like that first video.
    We started with loaded rifle’s slung on our shoulders, then we had to drop to prone and shoot. I think it was about five polystyrene cups at 100m.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Question for you lot in the know.

I was recently considering taking shooting back up albeit with air rifles since there is an all day range a few miles away but since Scotland has, yet again, decided to go a bit crazy and effectively make air weapons licensed this is going to have to be put on hold till such times as they actually make it clear what the conditions are going to be. Alternatively, I could just go the whole hog and apply for my firearms certificate and start up .22 should the range decide to upgrade to cater for the predicted increase in uptake of said FC’s. My question is this: what should I specifically be doing to aid in getting a FC?

I know you need to be a club member (justification and character reference).
    I know that it will be broadly similar to SC conditions for weapons held in the home (sole access to certificte holder(s), ammo and bolts seperate).
    But what else? Are there any hard and fast rules or is it simply a case of talking to the local firearms officer to see what they would be looking for?

FWIW I’m already Counter Terrorism Checked and formerly Disclosure checked for work so doubt background will be an issue.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

FAC air?

squirrelking
    Free Member

FAC .22 rimfire probably. Something I can use indoors where it’s less wet and windy all the time.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

To get an FAC for target rifle shooting you need to be a regular attendee at a Home Offuce approved target rifle club for six months. You’ll have a home visit plus they’ll do back ground checks etc. you’ll need secure storage if you are planning on keeping your rifles at home.
    The club also needs to have the capability for you to actually shoot the various calibres you want to own. I’m lucky enough to have .22 7.62 .303 and .38
    It sounds like a much bigger drama than it actually is (apply for a SGC at the same time).

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Offroading – I’m near Chesterfield.

Re getting your FAC – i think a lot depends on how you get on with the Firearms Officer when he comes to visit. Immediately after the visit he rang my first referee and said “do you know Mr Rockhopper?” My friend said Yes and that was it – he didn’t even bother contacting the second one.

No requirement to keep bolt separate either – you often find individual officers have their own ideas about what the law should say and then make it up as they go along!

the-muffin-man

Have you tried asking at the LNER Rifle Club at North Wingfield? (if it’s still going).

ninfan
    Free Member

Alternatively, I could just go the whole hog and apply for my firearms certificate and start up .22 should the range decide to upgrade to cater for the predicted increase in uptake of said FC’s.

It’s funny, on another forum some of us suspected this may be an unintended consequence of what they were doing, that people would go the whole hog and get an FAC instead.

Interestingly, you may want to mention to the club that they could actually set up as a rimfire ‘Shooting gallery’ with less paperwork than that needed for an air rifle range under the new Scottish regs, in fact they wouldn’t even need a firearm certificate to buy rifles or ammo 😆

br
    Free Member

Jebus, that’s specific.

🙂

Yep, and PM me ‘cos I think the spare one we have will fit.

ninfan
    Free Member

Haha, if it does then that has to be one of the greatest STW wins of all time 😀

BourbonBiscuit
    Free Member

Have an old stock from an 1813 (ex club rifle).

At Bisley this weekend, will be in the north west next weekend.

Email if interested.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Target rifle shooting’ is closed to new replies.