Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tapered/Integrated Headset Q
  • Shibboleth
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me if there’s a bearing kit available to replace a Cane Creek integrated headset on a Trek Remedy?

It’s a 1 1/8 upper race and 1 1/2 lower but all Trek dealers are quoting silly money and 3 week delivery times.

If there’s a better alternative to the Cane Creek races – which don’t seem to last very well – that will fit into the frame’s bearing cups, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

mamadirt
    Free Member
    Shibboleth
    Free Member

What’s the quality like on these? I’ve had Superstar BBs before and they seize up when there’s a heavy dew!

Will Hope bearings fit?

mamadirt
    Free Member

I’ve used various Superstar headsets on all my bikes over the last few years and they’ve been fine (I may not be the best person to ask about longevity though as I don’t usually hang onto my frames for too long 😉 ).

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Thanks for the info so far, has anyone tried Hope races in these? Are they any better than Cane Creek?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Do any of the daytime lurkers know if Hope races are suitable?

Thanks…

Jeffus
    Free Member

I had a Hope one in mine fits fine, it was one of the pick and mix Head sets, paid about £50 worked perfect.

http://www.hopetech.com/page.aspx?itemID=SPG188

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

Have a Hope one in my remedy. Picked up a new one on fleabay for about 40 quid. works fine and bearings lasting well. CRC do them fairly cheap.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tapered/Integrated Headset Q’ is closed to new replies.