Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Tapered headtubes……not sure where they came from?
  • iainc

The brands really pushing 650B are the ones that missed the 29er boat, anyway…

I tend to agree, although I do wonder about the likes of Cotic, with the Soul and Bfe, which both are hugely popular, still being made in good volumes, and still selling like hot cakes. I don’t see any 650B versions.

D0NK

I do wonder about the likes of Cotic, with the Soul and Bfe

don’t cotic flog as many frames as they can produce? No need for new fangled stuff to artificially create “upgrade” sales if that is the case, just minor mods to the existing design on the next generation. Kinda surprised orange dumped the 26″ 5 so quick, thought they were in a similar position.

ratherbeintobago

the likes of Cotic

The Solaris & Simple are 29ers and seem to be selling well. I get the impression Cy is deeply cynical about 650B, otherwise the Soul would’ve changed.

rOcKeTdOg

I get the impression Cy is deeply cynical about 650B

I read that as “has got a shed full if 26″ bikes he needs to shift”

kelvin

I read that as “has got a shed full if 26″ bikes he needs to shift”

You do realise that Cotic are still building (new) 26″ bikes to meet demand, both in Taiwan and now in in Yorkshire? A new delivery of Souls and BFes has just arrived, and the first batch of UK built Rockets is just about sold out on pre-orders.

Of course, there are plenty of people who won’t buy a 26″ wheeled bike now, and that’s fine, but that doesn’t mean that there’s no point other people not building/riding/buying them. Ride what you want. There are some people that don’t want a 29″ bike, ever, but that doesn’t stop anyone else riding and loving them.

Hopefully Cotic will build bikes in all three wheel sizes, I’m sure there are people who’d ride/love each option. No need to replace one with another. They all work, don’t they?

iainc

Last few posts make me think that my 2013 Soul maybe isn’t ‘obsolete’ 🙂 might struggle to get new wheels right enough if I need some at some stage !

winston
    Free Member

Not sure wheels are the issue here…Just been looking at a number of superb second hand and nos titanium / steel frames all with standard headtubes

Then looked for new (don’t like buying s/h suspension) forks to fit them

Most of the air sprung quality forks are tapered

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Tapered headtubes……not sure where they came from?’ is closed to new replies.