Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tapered Crown Race adaptor
  • verses

My new frame has a tapered headtube and comes with the Cane Creek IS-3 headset. I’m wanting to stick with my existing 1 1/8″ forks until funds allow for an upgrade.

Rather than swapping the headset’s lower cup for a reducing one, would I be able to use this adaptor instead, or is this for a different headset?

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/cane-creek-crown-item157055.html

Cheers,
    Verses

Tracey

Looks like the one that we are using for ours. Came via James Cycles as well

verses

Thanks Tracey, is your headset the IS-3 as well?

V

jairaj

yes looks like that should do what you want.

Hope also do a adaptor that will increase your current steerer to 1.5 so you can use any 1.5 crown race on your fork.

Tracey

One is a Cane Creek headset from James the other was a Specialized headset, its what they issue to do the job of fitting old forks on their new frames

alfabus
    Free Member

I’m using the hope one on 2 bikes, works fine:

http://www.biketart.com/153801/products/hope-crown-race-reducer.aspx

Dave

verses

Thanks for the tips, I’ve gone for the Hope one. The photo makes it obvious how it’s used whereas the other was a bit vague so didn’t want to chance it.

Cheers,
    Verses

Tracey

Ours had the instructions in the box. It took 30 secs max to fit it.

verses

You can bet I’ll struggle with the Hope one and wish I’d gone for the Cane Creek one now!

The photo makes it look like the CC one is for a specific headset (which may or may not have been compatible with my one), whereas the Hope looks like you just use the headset’s own crown race on the Hope adaptor.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tapered Crown Race adaptor’ is closed to new replies.