Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tan/Natural side walls.
  • drinkmoreport
    Free Member

Would you put tires on your bike with tan or natural coloured side walls and if so, what bike would look good with them?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

if the tyres were good and / or cheap. Who cares what they look like its a mountainbike

Wally

Charge are doing some retro ones at the mo, Evans link..
    Typical “I have never used them, but an expert comment” – Very unusual tread design and in my books £60 is too much for 2 tyres.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Only on a retro style bike

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

well i care?! i used to think tan walls looked $hite but now, after seeing bikes at NAHBBS with them on, my view has changed. i’d like to see how those Charge tires ride but not for 60 notes.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Maybe if there was a tan leather saddle and you had some of those weird brown grips (a mate had a gorgeous bike, then put brown grips on it :roll:) and a brown frame. Or as said a retro bike (or even bmx in a “nod to the roots” kind of way)

I love stealth with a touch of detail colour myself; a mate has some skinwalls on his ride. But it’s a period correct Kona Hahanna rigid and looks awesome.

But then again, STW is a difficult place to get aesthetic opinions from as we all believe our opinion to be correct (which it is).

zbonty

Yeah, why not? I had some (schwalbe)on my commuter and they just turned black and horrible with all the spray.

Going one step further I had a nickel plated P7 in about ’95 with butterscotch Tioga Psychos and that looked fab. They didn’t grip tho..

xiphon
    Free Member

If they perform well as a tyre, why not?

Function over form every time though.

messiah
    Free Member

Got some on my BMX, they look soooooooo hawt 8)

willjones
    Free Member

Yes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tan/Natural side walls.’ is closed to new replies.