Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tandem build complete……
  • bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Finally finished off our new tandem build last night, SH frame and used my old Rohloff but converted to a splined sprocket (always a pain to remove the old threaded one) and our old brakes.

Cant wait to try it but got to wait a couple of weeks to test though as Mrs BPD is in the states on a family visit.

porter_jamie

Cool

nedrapier

That looks ace! I’d offer to stoke for you if you wanted to take it out before she gets back, but it looks a little small at the back!

Yak

Looks the business 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Looks great. We really need to meet up for some tandemonium.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d love one if I can ever stay with a woman long enough 😮

nbt

That looks 105% of *ACE*

mt
    Free Member

Nice one, have good rides.

letmetalktomark

I really like that, looks fantastic.

Have you any more pics?

Who makes the frame? Custom?

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Its a custom 18 bikes frame with paragon sliders for a rohloff, bought at a bargain price off of ebay as size wise its pretty much perfect for us. You dont find many 29er mtb tandem frames around in the right size and even rarer a custom frame for a rohloff too (been running ours for 10 years on tandem now), had to buy it and build from what we had (though not a lot moved between the two). I’ll take some extra pictures for you and post them tomorrow.

Sorry to Alex at mtb tandems as I’d been mulling over a new Fandango for a long time and his 29ers are really good too (rented one for a week which we rode at Tahoe and in Bend) but this was too good to pass up. However he’s now refreshed the Fandango again with more clearance for 650b plus now but this build has turned out as good as I ever wanted (though not ridden it yet).

timber

Very nice.
    Makes ours look especially shonky.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tandem build complete……’ is closed to new replies.