Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • TalkyToaster OS-style maps
  • Flaperon

I bought these maps (and very good they are too, based on OpenStreetMap).

http://talkytoaster.info/ukmaps.htm

The TalkyToaster owner forbids redistribution – to quote his website:

Yes, the maps offered here are based on OSM and NASA data which are open-source; I combine them together and add other material to them. You can download and use them for FREE (Standard maps only). However, this does NOT mean you can sell them or cards with these maps on (or even resell them). You are welcome to use them at no cost for personal use only!

I spend a significant amount of time compiling and testing these maps and any copies offered on eBay (other than my own talkytoaster eBay account or any other site than talkytoaster.info, .co.uk or .com) are unauthorised and may breach my copyright as I add material that is copyrighted by myself to them.

Except that the OpenStreetMap data is licensed under the ODC Open Database License, which states that “If you publicly use any adapted version of this database, or works produced from an adapted database, you must also offer that adapted database under the ODbL.”

So, legally, can I give a copy of my Talky Toaster purchased maps to a friend? Morally, of course, it’s a different matter.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Surely you can “give” them to your friend just not charge him/her for them?

luke
    Free Member

They used to be free but the issue was people started to put them on to SD cards and sell them on ebay, meaning the guy behind it started to charge.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘TalkyToaster OS-style maps’ is closed to new replies.